Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

about StageWebView

Advisor ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance that StageWebView will evolve like

to support full web technology like a normal browser?

especially SVG and HTML5 would be a must. Or maybe

let the developer choose to integrate its own web engine like blink, gecko or other with some

property. I would really enjoy to develop my own browser with AIR.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

StageWebView should be able to show any page that the webview in your browser can show, but it is using an older version of webkit. It's using UIWebKit instead of the more modern WkWebKit. There are ANEs for WkWebKit, and using those can solve several big issues,

I don't know if Adobe are going to start using WkWebKit for StageWebView any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StageWebView should be able to show any page that the webview in your browser can show, but it is using an older version of webkit. It's using UIWebKit instead of the more modern WkWebKit. There are ANEs for WkWebKit, and using those can solve several big issues,

I don't know if Adobe are going to start using WkWebKit for StageWebView any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the info, Do you have an links about it? couldn't find any from search engines. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi boss,

For me, the ANE solution of WkWebView is good enough.

However, there is a long existing bug in the current StageWebView (useNative=true), the detail is in this link:

Tracker

Basically, when using StageWebView (useNative=true) on the macOS, you can only use cpu for renderMode, if you use direct or gpu for renderMode, the webpage will not show at all.

I tested the latest AIR SDK 25.0.0.143, the issue remains the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for all your links, but

Colin: rich webview is a paid product, despite of they say try it for free, but no link to download it

el111, looks good as I need the source to integrate it in my project, but my need is essentially for IOS and Android.

update: el111: I just saw that it works on IOS and Android, but only on tablet? or smartphone also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work fine on phones as well as tablets.

You can use the Clone or Download button in this page to get the ANE:

GitHub - myflashlab/webView-ANE: This air native extension is a perfect replacement to the classic S...

Most of the files are sample files or source files. The richWebView.ane is in the lib folder, that's the only thing you need to add. There should be a swc too, which you would include in the FLA so that code completion works ok. Maybe I got that when I bought the ANE.

In a different thread someone also pointed to this ANE, which may well be free, and does use WkWebKit on iOS:

https://github.com/tuarua/WebViewANE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ANE can't use webgl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with Web GL on Android with StageWebView -- no issues on iOS..  I thought web gl was now supported on Android, no?

Has anyone had success using web gl with Android StageWebView?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you set hardware acceleration in your app xml?

eg

<application android:enabled="true">

<activity android:excludeFromRecents="false" android:hardwareAccelerated="true">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, dude you absolutely rock - this just gave me waking nightmares!  You were absolutely correct - all is now well!!

With all of the complaining about StageWebView - WOW, Adobe really got it right..  Continuing to love AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ANE is free and open source.

It covers all platforms (OSX, Windows, iOS, Android)

However the iOS and Android I've written recently and may not be as feature rich or battle-tested as MyFlashLabs paid offering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your 2 projects are very promising, Although I'm an actionscript expert I'm new to ANE and learning slowly.

I will try both and for sure if I can contribute to them I will do. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your projects able to show flash player content without problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only developing AIR for mobile. Don't know about desktop. SWFs won't work on mobile, there's no Flash Player plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's not really helpful, my main problem is to use AIR to also accept swf on mobile obviously.

I thought that maybe use PPAPI flash integrated in chrome or other would be sufficient to integrate it in ANE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're making something as AIR for Mobile you can include the SWF directly in the main FLA (as a SWC). If there is some other reason to show animation in a web view instead of in the main app, you would need to rework the animation as HTML5 Canvas or WebGL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome has PPAPI flash built in, but I don't think that is to do with them using Blink as the engine. Same with IE 11 and Edge, they both have Flash Player built in, but it's not a feature of the web engine they use, it's a feature of the browser application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK understood. I want to avoid to reprogam 4 million lines of code with AS2 AS3, javascript and so on

of a massive platform that works well until now just because it doesn't show swf on smartphone which is absolutely waste of time and money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can include your files in an AIR app, at least the AS3 ones, without any reprogramming (other than if they are using non-mobile features or have security limitations on mobile). As for mobile browsers not supporting Flash, they don't support any plugin, so the same is true for Unity and Java developers too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not possible, for sure I already thought to this option. The entire platform is dynamic, based on php and javascript so AS2/AS3 is behaving from it.

also  my applications are using obviously things specific to flash like multicast, rtmfp, peerTopeer etc... so it's much less easier than a simple animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines