Highlighted

Access SDI video output from Bluefish video card

Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to access the video output from a Bluefish Neutron card and display it in an AIR desktop app.

I have plenty of experience loading and displaying both local and streaming video but none at all about how to access a video card.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to start with such a task?

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Access SDI video output from Bluefish video card

Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to access the video output from a Bluefish Neutron card and display it in an AIR desktop app.

I have plenty of experience loading and displaying both local and streaming video but none at all about how to access a video card.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to start with such a task?

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 25, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to use something like FFmpeg to capture the video, convert into flv w/H.264 and pipe out as a byte array stream which you can play as a live feed using NetStream.

Luckily there already exists an ANE that wraps FFmpeg and that will allow you to do this.

Using a combination of these 2 examples

1. Capture as DirectShow input

AVANE/DesktopCapture.as at master · tuarua/AVANE · GitHub

2. Stream encoded data into a NetStream

AVANE/UniversalPlayer.as at master · tuarua/AVANE · GitHub

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/DirectShow

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2018 0
Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi el111,

Many thanks for your reply.

However, I'm a little stuck on how to use your reply - am I supposed to use the ANE or the two class files you referenced and is there any examples of how to use these files/ANE?

Any example would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2018 0