• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add push functionality to an existing app

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO I have an app in the app store already and I just downloaded the milkman games plugin to cadd push functionality in the app. Problem is that the first step in doing this is I need to create a unique certificate and provisioning profile and certificate.

The problem with this of course is my app already has a bundle ID i've used so if I do this then I assume I can't replace my new version for my old one ?

Any way around this?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on iOS? On iOS you should not have any problems uploading the same app with new certificates. This is only a limitation on Google Play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well its on both tbh, but i didnt realise google play would have the issue.

its the bundle Id i'm worried about - if the bunle id isn;'t the exact same then it wont let me upload it will it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to my knowledge and understanding you will not have to create a new bundle ID on iOS and neither will you have to create a new certificate on Google. You will have to create a new certificate on iOS but that should not stop you from updating the existing app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Apple developer portal you can edit your App IDs to add new features. I don't know for sure if it would be needed, but I would update the provisioning profile too, after doing the App ID edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right ok thanks I'll have a look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines