Highlighted

Adobe AIR ANE for Mac OSX 32-64bits Error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to build a ANE for Mac OSX. I setup XCode 5.1 and was following this two tutorials:

http://riawanderer.com/2012/03/27/working-with-air-native-extensions-on-the-mac/

http://quetwo.com/2011/12/03/working-with-air-native-extensions-on-the-mac/

To get the project setup.

I'm finding that Adobe AIR.framwork in folder /runtimes/air/mac is 32-bit, but XCode has deprecated 32-bit...so I'm finding this error when I try to build the project:

error: -fobjc-arc is not supported on platforms using the legacy runtime

Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1

So right now ANE development for Mac OSX is broke since I can't build a cocoa framework library due to 32-bit deprecation and Adobe not updating the library since 2011

I'm right or maybe I'm missing something.

Hope someone could give some path to solve this since it's very frustrating to deal with this stuff to see there's no update for this basic libraries for Mac.

If what I'm seeing is true, I see another error in Adobe stack that make people like me supporting the platform tired of deal with this kind of things. Sorry to be sound so frustrated but it's a very negative experience for the Adobe AIR platform since you see that a part of the platform is not updated for 3 years!.

Thanks

Carlos

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe AIR ANE for Mac OSX 32-64bits Error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to build a ANE for Mac OSX. I setup XCode 5.1 and was following this two tutorials:

http://riawanderer.com/2012/03/27/working-with-air-native-extensions-on-the-mac/

http://quetwo.com/2011/12/03/working-with-air-native-extensions-on-the-mac/

To get the project setup.

I'm finding that Adobe AIR.framwork in folder /runtimes/air/mac is 32-bit, but XCode has deprecated 32-bit...so I'm finding this error when I try to build the project:

error: -fobjc-arc is not supported on platforms using the legacy runtime

Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1

So right now ANE development for Mac OSX is broke since I can't build a cocoa framework library due to 32-bit deprecation and Adobe not updating the library since 2011

I'm right or maybe I'm missing something.

Hope someone could give some path to solve this since it's very frustrating to deal with this stuff to see there's no update for this basic libraries for Mac.

If what I'm seeing is true, I see another error in Adobe stack that make people like me supporting the platform tired of deal with this kind of things. Sorry to be sound so frustrated but it's a very negative experience for the Adobe AIR platform since you see that a part of the platform is not updated for 3 years!.

Thanks

Carlos

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 18, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does what is talked about here help in any way?:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22363266/xcode-5-1-force-32-bit-compilation-for-a-cocos2d-iphone-v3-project

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried that configuration but with no luck. The build process reports the same error

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you every fix this ?

I'm trying to get an OSX ANE to compile under the new Apple requirements using the current version of XCode (6.4), however the default build i.e OSX64 won't link as it says that he Air Framework is 32 bit.

Also from what I understand Apple will not accept Apps into the Mac App store that are not 64 bit.

So unless I can have a 32 bit ANE inside a 64 bit Mac App, I can see problems.

(I'm also having other issues even if I select "32 bit Intel" under "Architectures" in the XCode build settings, as it looks like the Initializer and Finalizer functions are not being linked into the framework 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2015 0