Highlighted

Adobe AIR Application Installation will not start

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a program called Video Alchemy which requires Adobe AIR to run but the installation window will not display and the installation does not start.

The Adobe AIR log install log file can be found here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59423416/Install.log

Here is a link to the VideoAlchemy.exe install file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59423416/VideoAlchemy.exe

Can anyone help me to get this program to install?

Correct answer by Rtisticguy | Community Beginner

MrSykes,

Thought I would see if the videoalchemy.exe file was an archive, which it turned out to be.

Extracted the contents to a folder and copied the folder into c:\program files and created a shortcut to the videoalchemy.exe executable file.

Low and behold it worked and opened the program.

Success at last 🙂

Thanks again for your efforts.

Cheers

Stephen

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe AIR Application Installation will not start

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a program called Video Alchemy which requires Adobe AIR to run but the installation window will not display and the installation does not start.

The Adobe AIR log install log file can be found here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59423416/Install.log

Here is a link to the VideoAlchemy.exe install file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59423416/VideoAlchemy.exe

Can anyone help me to get this program to install?

Correct answer by Rtisticguy | Community Beginner

MrSykes,

Thought I would see if the videoalchemy.exe file was an archive, which it turned out to be.

Extracted the contents to a folder and copied the folder into c:\program files and created a shortcut to the videoalchemy.exe executable file.

Success at last 🙂

Cheers

Stephen

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just able to get it to install from the Download Adobe AIR 15 Beta - Adobe Labs download someone had recommended somewhere - I uninstalled all the failed attempts and had to clean up some files that were left behind. Then installed the adobe air 15 beta from adobe labs and it worked

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and solution MrSykes.

I uninstalled adobe AIR and ran a file and registry cleaner to delete any left over files and installs.

Then installed the v.15 Adobe AIR beta as recommended.

The cleaners I used (ccleaner & jv16 power tools) did find some temporary install files and remnants of the Video Alchemy install.
Tried the install again and still no installation window displays.

I'm running Windows 7 on my PC and even changed the installation file compatibility to Windows XP service pack 2 to no avail.

Funny that it installed fine on my notebook with Adobe AIR latest version running Windows 7.

I'm watching task manager as I'm attempting the install and videoalchemy.exe has some cpu usage then drops to zero activity.

Then Adobe AIR application Installer starts up then cycles to zero cpu activity.

I'm stumped on this one 😞

Thanks again for investing the time on my behalf.

Regards

Stephen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MrSykes,

Success at last 🙂

Cheers

Stephen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2014 0