Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Air/Do-Crafts Digital designer download problem

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone help?

I am trying to help my friend download Adobe air on her Windows laptop the problem is that she is trying to download a program called do-crafts digital designer which requires Adobe Air to installed first.

We keep receiving the following message:

Sorry, an Error has occurred.

The application could not be installed because the installation file is damaged.

Try obtaining a new installation file from the application author.

Where/who can we obtain this from please?

The problem is she has in the past been able to use the digital designer but has now changed her laptop. I have this program installed on my MacBook also an old Windows laptop and they run fine. This program is required for our hobby 'Cardmaking'.

Thank you for any help you can give.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Hi,

You can refer to the workaround mentioned on Adobe AIR applications installation issue page if you are using the latest version of Adobe Air (28.0.127). If you dont have the same, you can download it from Adobe - Adobe AIR page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is her operating system and version?

That message LOOKS like one for a new computer and an old program, so see if the below helps... and when you ask a question, you need to provide all information for someone to help - Forum quick start https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5601

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

My friend is using Windows 10 & we are trying to download both Adobe Air & DoCrafts Digital designer straight from the programs websites. Adobe air has to be installed to enable the digital designer program to download and this is where we have the problem because the adobe air file is damaged according to the message but we don't know who or where we can contact the application author as requested on the message.

I also cannot download Adobe air on either my Windows 10 or MacBook air but thankfully I have a fully working digital designer on both,  I am concerned that I will be unable to retrieve it if my computer crashes.

I would like to attach a screen print to show the message but I do not know how to do this.

Thank you once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is the issue you are seeing while trying to download Adobe Air? For Adobe Air applications, the issue seems to be related to Adobe AIR applications installation issue . If the issue is related, you will have to get the application resigned using a new certificate.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply this seems to be a solution but how do we do this please?

We are not computer experts we are two ladies over 75 just trying to enjoy our cardmaking hobby.

Hope you or somebody else can help us.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can refer to the workaround mentioned on Adobe AIR applications installation issue page if you are using the latest version of Adobe Air (28.0.127). If you dont have the same, you can download it from Adobe - Adobe AIR page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you once again for your prompt reply to my query.

I have looked at the instructions but I am not sure I will be able to carry these through confidently so I may have to get professional assistance.

I will read again first but I do thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you yes we realize the file is damaged as this is what the message tells us.

Sorry, I didn't mention that we are trying to download the adobe air plus the Docrafts digital designer program straight from the internet sites.

My friend's laptop is running Windows 10.

I also have problems trying to download adobe air to my laptop running Windows 10 also my MacBook Air, I already have the program digital designer installed thankfully but concerned how I would manage if my computer crashed.

I am sorry I didn't give all correct information in my earlier message this is the first time I have 'posted' on the forum.

Thank you for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines