• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Air error message - macOSX Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting an error message aboutAdobe Air when I open an application (Traffic) that requires Adobe Air. The error message is: “Adobe AIR.framework” is damaged and can’t be opened.

This has begun since I updated to macOSX Catalina.

Why is this, and will an update be released to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 122 Replies 122
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving this message upon updating to Catalina, as well.  We have a critical Flex application that depends on AIR to function.  Given the recent news of Adobe AIR's handoff to HARMAN I wouldn't hold my breath about Catalina support (at least, not without having to shell out big $$$).  Might be time to abandon AIR in favor of Electron...

In any case, for now it looks like you can get AIR (and any apps that depend upon it) to work by disabling System Integrity Protection on your Mac, but that's an extreme measure that I wouldn't advise outside of limited testing.  Seems like the AIR framework must try to install itself into the now read-only system partition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried this ( taken from a similar thread )?

Apple has made changes to browing the file system by applications.

open your settings > security & Privacy.

Select tab privacy and scroll down the left list until you see "Full Disk Access"

Add your application to this and you won't have the read only problem again.

Please let us know if it works 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks gerardm13115154 for the reply,

I cannot speak to bethwilson's experience, but enabling full disk access for AIR and my application didn't resolve the issue -- I receive the same error message that indicates "The AIR Framework is Damaged".  I've still had no luck outside of disabling SIP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no other way than disabling SIP? Adding Adobe Air or Adobe Air related apps to "Full Disk Access" Does not solve this problem. The problem is in Adobe AIR.framework how do we add whole folder for full disk access?

If I install Adobe Animate, does the AIR that is installed with Adobe Animate works? Or is it causing the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually our Air 29 mac app works fine on Catalina however what has changed is the "malicious software" security warnings that show on install and launch. These may seem like a show-stopper at first however there is a way around:  - until you get the full mac developer certification:

catalina.png

Now click "open" and you can open the app and from now on it will open as normal without this.

So the trick is to CTRL + Click on the App to launch !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you package your .air app with a runtime? Or are you able to get air runtime (from https://get.adobe.com/air/) installed in this manner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the runtime is packaged ( captive runtime )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response @gerardm13115154. We don't have the dev resources to re-package all of our .air apps with a captive runtime, so hoping that Adobe/Harman are able to fix this issue for the standalone runtime soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had the ability to decipher any of this. LOL. I literally just had a new iMac dropped off last week. It's gorgeous and it's my first new iMac in a decade. I am a teacher working from home and our District just purchased a new program called Boardworks. It apparently works through something called Adobe Air, something I've never heard of before now. So I followed the directions given by the vendor and I'm getting all these errors and, basically, I can't even run the Adobe Air Uninstaller because I'm getting a message "Adobe AIR Uninstaller is damaged and can't be opened." I'm completely lost. I've tried plugging in some of the below code to the Terminal, but nothing is working. I'm not terribly tech savvy. I'd love to be able to use this Boardworks with my students, but I'm not sure what to do. Any help you can offer would be great. Thank you in advance,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this fixed my shearwater dive computer app not working due to needing Adobe Air to open, as soon as I put in the command, machine pw, then second command was able to open the app and run the helper installer to load the plugins needed for the app to open and voila! you are awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share what he advisded you to do please Im getting the same error damaged Adobe air.  thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue with my Shearwater after attempting to open up the App on my Mac for the first time this year.

I'm at a loss as to how to install this.

When it comes to Mac I'm not very clever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brilliant. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I need solution to this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not had a chance to try it , but maybe packaging with the AIR run time + setting AIR config to 64-bit.
Seems Catalina only runs 64-bit software.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Air/How-do-I-create-a-Captive-64-bit-Adobe-Air-Application-For/td-p/9...

Step 1

Make sure you have downloaded the correct SDK and you have added it to your project

Step 2

Add "-swf-version=40" (without quotes) into the Project properties -> compiler options -> Addition compiler options

OR

Add this to your .as3proj file <option additional="-swf-version=40" /> (if you do it this way, you will have to close and then re-open your project for this value to take effect.

Step 3

Add the NEW <architecture>64</architecture> into your application.xml file. I put this just below the <name> node

If you don't add this new node into your application.xml file, it will default to a 32bit application

Step 4

Build your Air Application.

I hope this helps people out and thanks a lot to ASWC for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These few lines in the terminal will get you out of trouble

cd /Library/Frameworks
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine ./Adobe\ AIR.framework

Then use:

ls -l@ ./Adobe\ AIR.framework/

to check the framework is no longer quarantined

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James, We are also running MacOS Catalina 10.15.1 with a few Adobe AIR Apps and your lines of code above worked a treat! Thank you very much! - Hooty Creative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my hero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jamesey2001, you made my day and happily go in to 2020!! Was for one month searching and trying, now it's fixed!! Thanks a real lot!! Ruud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines