• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Air error message - macOSX Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting an error message aboutAdobe Air when I open an application (Traffic) that requires Adobe Air. The error message is: “Adobe AIR.framework” is damaged and can’t be opened.

This has begun since I updated to macOSX Catalina.

Why is this, and will an update be released to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 122 Replies 122
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jamesey,

Thanks so much for sharing this info... please bear with us but we are not developers, so my questions may sound silly.  We just found the terminal and typed in the first line of your code.  Now the terminal is asking:

Password:?

What password is it referring to?  I also can't seem to be able to type anything on the screen now.  Anyone who can help?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is your password that you log into the machine with. You need to be an administrator of the machine to be able to do this. Let me know how to you get on.

Also for anyone else unfamiliar with launching the terminal application, follow the guide here: https://macpaw.com/how-to/use-terminal-on-mac

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamesey,

I am not able to type anything on the terminal at all.  The prompt is:

Password (and then a locked key). 

And I am the admin to my laptop.  Is there any other way to bypass this password?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When entering the password for your account you won't see any characters in the terminal, so just type it in and hit enter and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamesey,

It worked!  Thank you so much, you are a lifesaver!  Really appreciate all your help!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed the problem I had encountered since my upgrade to Catalina.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run these commans thru Terminal, but get a message after the second command (checking that the framework is no longer quarantined) stating:

-ls: ./Adobe\: No such file or directory

-ls: AIR.framework/framework: No such file or directory

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you need to be using 

ls -l@ ./Adobe\ AIR.framework/

all on the same line not as separate commands.

This is also just a confirmatory step so you could also just try running your air app to see if the removal of the quarantine attribute has been effective.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked great!  Thanks! And thanks for sharing the Terminal information link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this and it still isn't working for me. I tried after I installed the adobe air, after I removed adobe air, delted it from downloads, etc, and still it says the framework is broken. What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not need to uninstall or delete anything from downloads.

If you follow the 2 terminal commands above you should be OK. 

The reason it is failing is that OSX Catalina is quarantining the Adobe Air framework when you install it.

The terminal commands will remove the quarantine attribute from it and you should be good to go.

So fire up Terminal and copy and paste the 1st command and press enter to put you in the correct folder where the Adobe Air framework lives. Copy and paste the 2nd command into Terminal to remove the quarantine attribute, you will need to enter the password for your mac at this point ( note you won't see any of the characters as you type them ) and then press enter. The 3rd command is optional to check that the attribute has been removed, but you could simply run up your air app or installer to see if they now work.

One other thing to check is that the "Adobe Air.framework" is installed in the correct location:

/Library/Frameworks

If you are still having the same issue then post the output from your terminal session here and we can see if there is something else happening.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get this to work for me. It returns this:

total 0

lrwxr-xr-x@ 1 root  wheel   26 Apr 17  2019 Adobe AIR -> Versions/Current/Adobe AIR

com.apple.FinderInfo 32 

com.apple.quarantine 57 

lrwxr-xr-x@ 1 root  wheel   26 Apr 17  2019 Resources -> Versions/Current/Resources

com.apple.FinderInfo 32 

com.apple.quarantine 57 

drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  128 Apr 17  2019 Versions

All I'm tryign to do is run the uninstaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This hasn't worked for me. I have looked at every single solution, and they haven't worked yet. I looked in my application folder and it's not even there. Do you know what's wrong for Adobe air not going into the application folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Air Runtime and supporting apps are not in the Applications folder, they are in the 

/Applications/Utilities folder.

The Air framework is in the /Library/Frameworks folder or you could look in the ~/Library/Frameworks folder ( i.e. your user-specific Libraries folder ).

If they are not there then the air runtime is not installed.

Head on over to this page for more info on installing and then head back here to complete the quarantine removal with the commands from the top of this message thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been at this for ays, is there a video you made? I entereed to first set of commands, hit enter and it asked for password. I think hit enter. Once stuff loads I added in the second line you said to enter. Am I doing this wrong? The terminal is the black screen with the <_. Correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you enter the second line it will then prompt you for your password, when you type it in you won't see anything in the terminal, so just type your password and press enter and it should be all good.

The third line is just a check to ensure the first line worked, so you could ignore that and just try launching your air based application.

If you still have trouble then post the contents of your terminal session here so we can see what's going on.

Regards,

Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for us... We use the eBility.com TimeTracker Mac App. Thanx 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jamesey2001. this has worked. Appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This has been a lifesaver this afternoon!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~Hi There 

In my case it does not work. 

I did what was recomended but still can not run uninstal adobe air.

Any other ideas what could can I check and what shoudl I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Air Runtime and supporting apps are not in the Applications folder, they are in the 

/Applications/Utilities folder.

The Air framework is in the /Library/Frameworks folder or you could look in the ~/Library/Frameworks folder ( i.e. your user-specific Libraries folder ).

If they are not there then the air runtime is not installed.

Head on over to this page for more info on installing and then head back here to complete the quarrantine removal with the commands from the top of this message thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,  This worked perfectly for me.  I can't thank you enough.  Being in terminal reminded me of my dual floppy DOS days.  Your generosity of time and knowledge came along at just the right time.  Sbarrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamesey2001,

I've just unlocked my adobe air following your instructions (didn't work until I cut and paste them). Thank you very much for posting this solution its offered an straightforward solution to a difficult problem for me.

It was really kind of you to help in this way.

Much appreciated.

Songliner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines