Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Air for Flash CS6 not working on Android 5.0.2

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been trying to publish a game i'm developing in Adobe Flash CS6 using the Adobe Air platform.

I have done this countless times before, I am not new to developing in Flash.

Even if everyone thinks HTML5 will take over because "Flash is dead" I still think it is a great developing platform.

I'm having trouble getting my APK files to run under Android 5.0.2 (Lolipop) for no apparent reason.

If i choose to install AIR separately, it works. If i choose to embed it into the APK, it gives an error immediately after launching the app.

There are no error codes and nothing i can reference. just an "Application failed to start" error.

I would appreciate if anyone could help, thanks.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

That article was written 7 months ago, there's a good chance that AIR is ok with Android 5 by now. Even the article says it was fixed in 5.0.1.

AIR installed on the computer isn't the same as the AIR SDK. You would want to download either the release version of AIR SDK:

Download Adobe AIR SDK

or get the latest beta, which happens to be AIR 19:

Download Adobe AIR 19 Beta - Adobe Labs

Once it's downloaded and uncompressed you'll have a folder. Now go to the Flash Pro Help menu, and choose Managed Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of AIR are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I go to the Flash Folder the AIR folder says 3.2 but the version installed on the computer is the latest one 18.0.0.134

I tried following the instructions on this blog (Adobe AIR and Android 5.0) but i was unable to find the "Adobe Flash Builder" folder. I did find the adt.jar file inside my AIR3.2 folder but replacing it just crashed Flash CS6. I think this has nothing to do, as Adobe reported fixing any problems in the 5.0.1 update.

By the way I tested the app on 4 other devices running either Android 4.4 (KitKat) or 4.0 (ICS) and they all are able to run the APK just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That article was written 7 months ago, there's a good chance that AIR is ok with Android 5 by now. Even the article says it was fixed in 5.0.1.

AIR installed on the computer isn't the same as the AIR SDK. You would want to download either the release version of AIR SDK:

Download Adobe AIR SDK

or get the latest beta, which happens to be AIR 19:

Download Adobe AIR 19 Beta - Adobe Labs

Once it's downloaded and uncompressed you'll have a folder. Now go to the Flash Pro Help menu, and choose Managed Adobe AIR SDK...

In there you can add an item, and navigate to where that folder is located. It can be anywhere, I tend to just leave it in my downloads folder.

If you were to take the act.jar file from that article it would likely mess things up. But just as a point of interest, for Flash Pro users the file is located in the SDK folder, inside the lib folder.

So, the short version of all that is that hopefully you are currently build for AIR 3.2, which wouldn't have a chance with recent Android versions, and changing to using AIR 18 or 19 would be a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines