• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Air is reinstalled to an older version

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have work in my school with free program Scratch 2, this program needs Adobe Air from version 8 to newer version.

When I install first time Adobe Air 28 (actual version) and Scratch all is ok, but after some days I find that Adobe Air is installed automatically with older version 3.5.

With this version Scrach doesn't work. How is it possible?

System: Windows 7 pro.

Thanks

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How do you check which version of Adobe AIR is installed? "installed automatically" sounds suspicious.

Please go to get.adobe.com/air and download the latest AIR version and try again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I check version of Adobe Air in Windows Control Panel and I see version 3.5.

I download latest version 28 and I install it and I see on Control Panel version 28, but after few days again I see version 3.5 on Control Panel and the program Scratch 2 offline editor dows'n t work.

Version 3.5 is automatically installed .

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you check and see if you installed any other air application during this time frame?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

no, during this time frame I have'n installed any other air application.

Another thing: when I see version 3.5 Adobe Air on Windows Control Panel, I cannot remove it: appear un error  "... Impossible remove ... contact system administrator". So I have found a Microsoft patch in Internet, with this patch I can remove Adobe Air 3.5.

So now I have uninstalled Air 3.5 with the patch and after I have installed version 28 and now I wait if this installatrion is stable (before I install Air 28 on Air 3.5 without disinstall 3.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the problem is not solved, this is very discouraging.

After remov Air 3.5 and installed Air 28 again, after a variable time interval, I see in Windows Control Panel that is installed Adobe Air 3.5 and not 28.

In all PC is also installed Adobe Creative Cloud, but this installation is done 1 year ago

I urgently need a solution because now I cannot use my programs.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My friend is also having these problems and cannot use her programmes and Cd's/DVD's that have been working before this 'update'!!!!!!

Please anyone at Adobe can't you help us I am fortunate in the fact that I can at the moment use my program but I am worried that this will 'crash' and I will be without my DoCraft Digital Designer. I rely on this for my hobby of cardmaking as does my friend we have discs and downloads that we have paid for to use this program and now it's down to you to find a solution please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines