• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe air not found on google play for some android users

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our mobile application requires adobe air to work. when our clients download our applications from google play, it requires them to download and install adobe air to finish installation. Starting Wednesday, We received so many complaints that clients receive "adobe does not exist" on google play.

Was there any changes on the availability region? Pleas let me know what has been changed and what is the solution.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Yes, as noted this was removed recently.  That said, users can grab the .apk directly from the links on our archive page (which we have no plans on removing).

Find and download archived versions of Adobe AIR SDK

http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/android/download/25.0.0.134/AdobeAIRAndroid.apk​

We understand this is not optimal, but we decided to stop development of the Android shared runtime back in May 2017 and Google's enforcement of updated libraries required us to make a hard choice to de-list.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as noted this was removed recently.  That said, users can grab the .apk directly from the links on our archive page (which we have no plans on removing).

Find and download archived versions of Adobe AIR SDK

http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/android/download/25.0.0.134/AdobeAIRAndroid.apk​

We understand this is not optimal, but we decided to stop development of the Android shared runtime back in May 2017 and Google's enforcement of updated libraries required us to make a hard choice to de-list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that mean that we won't be able to debug on new devices too? I tried downloaded and installed the apk from the given link in a new device, but whenever I tried to debug using Flash Builder, it just keep prompting me to install the latest AIR in my device. I already had it installed, but I click okay to install it via flash builder and it will get stuck at 57%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can continue to develop and also debug apps with captive runtime, only shared runtime support was removed. Shared runtime support was removed because captive runtime was far more popular with Air developers and it is easier for Adobe to support only one of the options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can continue to develop on my existing devices that has adobe air already installed before adobe air is taken down from play store. What I have problem with as state above is with NEW devices. As per mentioned above, I downloaded and installed the apk from the given link in a new device, but whenever I tried to debug using Flash Builder, it just keep prompting me to install the latest AIR in my device. I already had it installed in that new device, but it seems that that installation is not getting recognized by flash builder since flash builder kept prompting me to install it. As for as I know Flash builder only let me choose the run time when I am to export a release build. Do you know how to choose run time during debug mode so as to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to publish your app not in shared runtime mode but with captive runtime mode. That means the app will be a bit bigger, but in return it will include the complete Air runtime in the app itself, meaning your users do not need to have the Adobe Air app installed anymore. You are currently using shared runtime mode, where the app will be very small (because the SDK is not included) but the Adobe Air app must be installed on the device. This mode is no longer supported.

I do not use Flash Builder, so I don't know where you will find the switch to change from shared runtime to captive runtime. Maybe someone else can help?

For adt, the command looks like this:

adt -package -target apk-captive-runtime [...]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to download Adobe AIR through the .apk file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does this mean we can no longer develop for Android. I know we can embed the run time but will that still work in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is everything adobe does is so clever? How I can enter such long address in my phone browser? I can download the file onto my comp and download it, but it refused by my android phone browser. Says that file is not found 404.

Next, I am scared that I will be needed to download the same in my iphone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So...you're saying that the Adobe Air app is indeed required on my phone for the optimal functioning of all my other Adobe apps (i.e. Fill & Sign, Acrobat Reader, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines