• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe AIR- "This application requires a version of adobe AIR which cannot be found.."

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My error message reads:

"This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found. Please download the latest version at http://www.adobe.com/go/getair or contact the application author for the updated version."

Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling (and rebooting and reinstalling again).
Already went through Microsoft Fix It (Three separate attempts).

There does not seem to be any difficulty during the actual install; just when a program needs to access/use it.

Everything worked fine up until about 2 weeks ago.

I have no idea where to find the actual codes in the computer system, but PASS requires Adobe Air to function, and since AIR isn't working, I can't access or upload any of my client galleries. So frustrated and feeling stuck! Help please!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution for this?  I'm getting the same error for everything Adobe Air related... any Air application, trying to install Adobe Air, trying to uninstall Adobe Air.

I checked the .dll version and it is v24.

I really do hate Adobe products....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have found the bug in the Adobe Air installer.  At least this worked for me on Win10...

When you upgrade Air it has to download an installer file and this is normally placed into the Downloads folder and named AdobeAIRInstaller.exe.  If there is already a version of that file in the Downloads folder from a previous install, then the new installer file will be named something like AdobeAIRInstaller (1).exe.

I think what is happening is that when the new installer is downloaded it starts out by running AdobeAIRInstaller (1).exe, but then sometime during the install process it calls back to the normal executable name AdobeAIRInstaller.exe which is actually an old version of the installer.  It then gets totally messed up with the install, which in my view is an Adobe Air bug.

The way I solved this is two step.  Not positive that both are necessary, but it is what worked for me.

1. Goto the Downloads folder and find all AdobeAIRInstaller* files.  Delete all but the latest file and then rename that file to make sure it is AdobeAIRInstaller.exe and not something like AdobeAIRInstaller (1).exe.
  2. Goto the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions and delete the 1.0 folder in the Versions folder.
  3. Run the AdobeAIRInstaller.exe file.

Hopefully this helps someone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What was the version of Adobe AIR already installed in your machine when you were observing issues upgrading to 24 version?

What version of Adobe AIR was present in your downloads directory when you observed the behavior mentioned above?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I missed your question and I don't remember now the different versions.  But I was able to duplicate simply by installing an older version, leaving the AdobeAirInstallInstaller.exe file in downloads.  Then grab the updated AdobeAirInstaller.exe and downloading it (will be called AdobeAirInstaller (1).exe and running that.  The install starts, but then fails.  If I rename AdobeAirInstaller (1).exe to AdobeAirInstaller.exe then it all works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few years later and you helped me with this problem, thanks a ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is that really the download link? I aint tryna install a virus lmao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines