Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Air - Sorry, an error has occured - Installing Problem

Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this update today and when I update it through Avast Software Updated it fails, and when I install it manually, it tells me installation may not be allowed by my administrator. Why is this... When I "AM" the only user and administrator on this computer. Thanks. Here are some screenshots of what I am talking about.Adobe Air.pngAvast Adobe Air.png

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marimozoro473,

please remove any older versions of AIR first by following this guide:
» Why installing Adobe AIR fails on Win 7 64-bit?

Next, download AIR from the official Adobe website and run the Installer as an Administrator:

» Adobe AIR | Deploy applications

Cheers,
Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the advice, I followed 99% of your directions, The first thing I have to delete I could not see in common files, so I don't know if its already gone or hidden in a different place so I still got the same error 😕 got any advice here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2016 Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to AIR Installation Issues‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally found something that worked for me (Windows 10).

- After downloading the Adobe Air .exe file, go to its location (usually in your Downloads folder) and right click on it.  Rather than clicking on "Run as Administrator" (which did not work for me), click on "Properties".

- Then go to the "Compatibility" tab.

- At the bottom of the Compatibility tab place a check beside "Run this program as an Administrator".

- Hit the "Apply" button and try running your Adobe Air install again.

Note: After doing this, I had to do the same steps for the program that I was initially trying to install that required Adobe Air as a pre-requisite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines