• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Air

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting amn error message re: adobe air. "application descriptor could not be found...." I uninstalled then downloaded but still get the same message. What can I do? Thanks

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this message occur when you start the app up?  Can you point me to the installer so I can give it a try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message occurs when I start up my computer. When you say “installer” what do you mean? I downloaded from the Adobe Air web site…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sounds like you have an AIR application being launched at startup that has somehow corrupted itself.  Reinstalling AIR won't help, what we need to do is identify this application and either remove it from the startup list or uninstall/reinstall it.

The easiest way to determine what AIR apps you have installed on your system is to actually uninstall Adobe AIR from the Programs and Features control panel (add/remove programs.)  When you start the uninstall process, a dialog will appear asking if you really want to uninstall.  This dialog will list out all of the programs on your system that currently rely on AIR being installed.  Note this list of applications and then cancel the uninstall.  From there, I'd recommend looking for this entry in your Start menu's startup folder or simply uninstalling that app then reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did uninstall it… is it a necessary program to have? It relates to my Adobe Photoshop & Zinio reader… If I reinstall it how do I remove it from my startup? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard for me to tell how important it was, I'm not sure what the application was   However, it really comes down to if you used it or not.  If not, then I'd look at your "startup" section of the msconfig to see if it's something you can uncheck.  Here's a tutorial that shows you how to use this utility:

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_win7.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I’ll try it and see where it leads….

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, chris.campbell.

You directed to the right direction - to turn off automatic startup of programs that might be in conflict with AIR as computer boots.

I just added one more step to what you advised.

My uninstall process (windows 7) of adobe air does NOT provide me with a dialogue with list of all programs that rely on AIR.

So I have found a way to obtain a "startup program list" by doing the following.

To find out what programs are running at the startup (WINDOWS 7):

Click "Start"

type "msconfig" in the search engine at the bottom

click on "msconfig" icon appearing on top

a pop-up window titled "System Configuration" will appear

Click on "Startup" tab

At this point, I unclicked unnecessary programs that are not crucial in operating my computer.

Click "apply" or "Ok"

another pop-up window will ask you if you want to restart your computer.

After I turned off some startup programs, the error message disappeared on subsequent computer reboots - in other words, forever GONE.

I am not sure if I solved the "conflict' but certainly got rid of the annoying error message by turning off some "unnecessary" software that was automatically set to start as the computer booted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines