Highlighted

Adobe Animate - Apple TV is not supported in this build

Explorer ,
May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I can't create any A.pple TV application with Adobe Animate. I tried installing all the adobe Air SDKs from version 30 onwards.

I always get this error "Error:packaging applications for tvOS is not supported in this build".

How can I solve it?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Animate - Apple TV is not supported in this build

Explorer ,
May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I can't create any A.pple TV application with Adobe Animate. I tried installing all the adobe Air SDKs from version 30 onwards.

I always get this error "Error:packaging applications for tvOS is not supported in this build".

How can I solve it?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 20, 2019 0
Engaged ,
May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe moved tvOS support back to the "beta" channel instead of the main release of AIR, from the AIR 30 Release Notes:

AIR tvOS Support Moved to Labs

To help focus our testing on the most popular platforms, we've decided to move tvOS support back to the AIR beta channel.  The functionality remains the same and developers can download the latest SDK over at https://labs.adobe.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you were very kind. How do I add the icon for Apple tv manually in the xml file? I can't use xcode (Assets.car). What format should it have?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2019 0
Engaged ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find more information about how to set things up in your XML file for Apple TV from Adobe's separate release notes from AIR 28 here:

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com//pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/pvt/air28_appletv_releasenotes.pdf

You will need Assets.car for all iOS and tvOS builds nowadays, if you don't have a Mac with XCode there is an online tool here to generate Assets.car for you (I haven't used it myself, but others have mentioned it on this forum in the past):

IOS Icon File Assets.car Generate Online

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I myself problem, the www.applicationloader.net does not generate the icon for apple tv. How is it solved?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2019 0
Flipline LATEST
Engaged ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After checking it out, it looks like that online tool only supports icons for iOS and not for tvOS, so unfortunately you'd probably need a Mac and need to use XCode to generate the icon like Adobe shows in the Release Notes PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2019 0