• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate Error 1172: Definition com.adobe.serialization.json:JSON could not be found

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any advise is appreciated.

I have a AIR for iOS file previously done in Flash Professional CC 2015, with com.adobe.serialization.json.JSON and com.adobe.serialization.json.JSONParseError imported in an AS file to parse out and decode the JSON string for oauth2 procedure. Since I upgraded to Adobe Animate CC 2015, today when I opened up the file and tried to publish the IPA, it returns the following errors:

1172: Definition com.adobe.serialization.json:JSON could not be found.

1172: Definition com.adobe.serialization.json:JSONParseError could not be found.

1120: Access of undefined property JSON.

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: JSONParseError.

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: JSONParseError.

I don't know what caused this in the new Animate CC and how to fix this problem. Please help if you may provide any insights/solutions. Thank you very much!

Regards,
yu

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

The serialization code was an extra thing that you installed at some point. If you find those folders (adobe/serialization/json, and so on) you should be able to put them into your project, and things would be ok again.

But, you should think about not doing that. A while ago those routines were made native to AS3 code, and now work a lot faster.  Here's the documentation for the native one:

JSON - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serialization code was an extra thing that you installed at some point. If you find those folders (adobe/serialization/json, and so on) you should be able to put them into your project, and things would be ok again.

But, you should think about not doing that. A while ago those routines were made native to AS3 code, and now work a lot faster.  Here's the documentation for the native one:

JSON - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Colin, for the response. I will check that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error on a new project trying to use the built in one. It appears there with code hints as I type it but I get a definition not found even though it actually helps me input the import string. Using Animate 2015.1. Any thoughts?

import com.adobe.serialization.json.JSON;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I add as3corelib.swc, I see the Definition not found errors go away but then I get a call to possibly undefined method 'encode' through static type class.

var messages:Array = new Array ();
messages.push ({"test":"value"});
messages.push ({"test2":"value2"});

var JsonObj:String = JSON.encode(messages);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines