Highlighted

Adobe Flash CC: The definition of base class Bitmap not found in custom class

New Here ,
May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am developing a new game and wanted to subclass the Bitmap class. I am working on Adobe Flash CC.

I have the following code:

package  com.classes{

import flash.display.Bitmap;

public class AdBitmap extends Bitmap {

public function AdBitmap() {

// constructor code

}

}

}

However, when I run, I get the following error: The definition of base class Bitmap was not found.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Flash CC: The definition of base class Bitmap not found in custom class

New Here ,
May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am developing a new game and wanted to subclass the Bitmap class. I am working on Adobe Flash CC.

I have the following code:

package  com.classes{

import flash.display.Bitmap;

public class AdBitmap extends Bitmap {

public function AdBitmap() {

// constructor code

}

}

}

However, when I run, I get the following error: The definition of base class Bitmap was not found.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 06, 2014 0
Engaged ,
May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you include you source files? I just created a brand new FLA and .as file with your code and replicated your package structure and had no issues. I just opened the Actions Panel and put code on the timeline to create the AdBitmap object. Added a trace statement to the AdBitmap class to make sure it was working. Granted, I did it all in CS6 as that is what I have, but code that simple shouldn't be any different between CS6 and CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2014 0