• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADT hangs over ssh

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am putting the finishing touches on our build system and have run into a show stopper bug in ADT.  It seems that ADT will not function propertly over ssh.  When I issue my ADT package command remotely on my Mac OS X machine via ssh, ADT simply hangs forever.

The following are the errors I see on the Mac System Log:

com.apple.SecurityServer: Session 24524 created

naip: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

naip: _RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL.

And then nothing happens.  Forever.

Looking on the remote system, I see that the ADT process has created 2 files and a directory in the output directory:

drwxr-xr-x  2 build  staff     68 Jun  8 13:10 adt3612439737122910737.tmp

-rw-r--r--  1 build  staff  11553 Jun  8 13:10 air6133709946041732094.tmp

-rw-r--r--  1 build  staff  11553 Jun  8 13:10 air8135951800351503639.tmp

However, nothing else happens.  The directory adt3612439737122910737.tmp is empty.

The ADT package command I am running is:

adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore ../build/input/air/cert.p12 -storepass mypassword -tsa none -target bundle ../build/output/tmp/StoicAssetCompiler.mac.app ../build/output/tmp/EngineCompiler-app.xml -C ../build/output/app app.engine.compiler.swf

The command works perfectly when I execute it from a terminal session as the build user.  However, any ssh session causes the adt program to hang forever.

Short version:  How do I invoke ADT over ssh on Mac OS X?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional point of information:

There are 2 users involved here:

john

build

john is logged into a desktop session. john can run ADT from a terminal, or even from a terminal ssh-d back to localhost as john.

build can run ADT from a terminal su'd to build.  build cannot run ADT in any ssh session, including one ssh'd from the su'd terminal that works otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Furthermore, enabling ssh X11Forwarding does not seem to help.  I can confirm that X11Forwarding is setup correctly otherwise by testing a simple X11 app:

ssh -X build@localhost /usr/X11/bin/xeyes

But trying to run the ADT thing fails with the same system log errors.

ssh -X build@localhost adt -package etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I got working.  It's pretty hacky but here's what I did:

First, ensure that Fast User Switching is enabled in User & Groups settings.

Then, switch to build user, which logs them on to a desktop session.  Now, you can switch back to your other desktop (in my case, john), and ADT will now function through ssh as user 'build'.

It would be nice if this were addressed in the next build of ADT if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your workaround.  Could you add this issue to bugbase.adobe.com?  When adding the bug, please also reference this thread.  Once entered, please post back with the URL so that others affected can find your report and vote and comment for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to setup a new Mac OSX build machine, and this bug still exists in ADT, AIR SDK 15 build 356.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once again, I've setup a new Mac OSX build machine.  Once again, this bug still exists and is a complete showstopper.  Annoying for a blocker bug that is over 4 years old...

AIR SDK 21.0.0.215

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines