Highlighted

ADT package command throws NPE in updated AIR SDK

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just updated to flex 4.15 sdk to build an iOS app and get the following NPE when using -package:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.air.ipa.IPAOutputStream.resignApp(IPAOutputStream.java:1006)

at com.adobe.air.ipa.IPAPackager.renameOutput(IPAPackager.java:312)

at com.adobe.air.ApplicationPackager.createPackage(ApplicationPackager.java:93)

at com.adobe.air.ipa.IPAPackager.createPackage(IPAPackager.java:283)

at com.adobe.air.ADT.parseArgsAndGo(ADT.java:604)

at com.adobe.air.ADT.run(ADT.java:446)

at com.adobe.air.ADT.main(ADT.java:496)

Looks like it "resignApp" may have something to do with signing the package, but it works fine when using flex 4.14.1 sdk (AIR 19?). I'm assuming the flex 4.15 sdk uses AIR 20. I can build the same app for android successfully. I'm on OSX 10.10.5, Xcode 7.1, using command line not Flash Builder.

I'll download the latest stand-alone AIR SDK and try it there. But I would think throwing an NPE shouldn't happen regardless. Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ADT package command throws NPE in updated AIR SDK

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just updated to flex 4.15 sdk to build an iOS app and get the following NPE when using -package:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.air.ipa.IPAOutputStream.resignApp(IPAOutputStream.java:1006)

at com.adobe.air.ipa.IPAPackager.renameOutput(IPAPackager.java:312)

at com.adobe.air.ApplicationPackager.createPackage(ApplicationPackager.java:93)

at com.adobe.air.ipa.IPAPackager.createPackage(IPAPackager.java:283)

at com.adobe.air.ADT.parseArgsAndGo(ADT.java:604)

at com.adobe.air.ADT.run(ADT.java:446)

at com.adobe.air.ADT.main(ADT.java:496)

Looks like it "resignApp" may have something to do with signing the package, but it works fine when using flex 4.14.1 sdk (AIR 19?). I'm assuming the flex 4.15 sdk uses AIR 20. I can build the same app for android successfully. I'm on OSX 10.10.5, Xcode 7.1, using command line not Flash Builder.

I'll download the latest stand-alone AIR SDK and try it there. But I would think throwing an NPE shouldn't happen regardless. Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 08, 2016 0
tedalde2 LATEST
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing it's the fact that I don't currently have a valid iOS developer cert. I tried a bunch of different things, using a self-signed cert, and I can't build an iOS simulator app using Flex 4.15 or AIR 20 SDK. Works on Flex 4.14.1 though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 14, 2016 0