Highlighted

Air 13 ipad retina on Simulator

Explorer ,
May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

i just got my app rejected by AppStore because of the retina resolution issue. It was showing half size of screen.

i had standard resolution...

now i already changed for high.... And hoping it Will be ok...

HOping because i didnt found a solution to test it since i have not an ipad retina....

how can i test retina resolution on my desktop computer ?

i Am using flash pro cc on a windows machine.

thanks,

GOncalo

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Air 13 ipad retina on Simulator

Explorer ,
May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

i just got my app rejected by AppStore because of the retina resolution issue. It was showing half size of screen.

i had standard resolution...

now i already changed for high.... And hoping it Will be ok...

HOping because i didnt found a solution to test it since i have not an ipad retina....

how can i test retina resolution on my desktop computer ?

i Am using flash pro cc on a windows machine.

thanks,

GOncalo

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 04, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If using Flash Pro to test your app resolution have you tried using the resolution setting to "high"? 

- http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/using/packaging-applications-air-ios.html#id_49214

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2014 0
Explorer ,
May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i published like that, but my issue is testing... Not publishing. I need to know how it Will be shown in retina...that i dont own...

Thanks for Your reply

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2014 0
New Here ,
May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacBook Pro is not retina resolution, so I used the advice from Enable HiDPI mode in Mountain Lion w/o Quartz Debug to simulate it. That is, enter the following command in Terminal:

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool YES;

Once you've done this, you should now have a HiDPI choice in your System Preferences Display panel (after you select "scaled" instead of the default "Best for display"). With this mode selected, the software will act like your display is retina density (as it isn't, everything will be super sized). You can select "best for display" to restore your original display. To remove the HiDPI option,

sudo defaults delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver DisplayResolutionDisabled;

(I don't see why, as it seems harmless to have the choice in the list).

Peter

HiDPI.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2014 1
Explorer ,
May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lHI GrandMaison, i was asking about a windows solution, but as  i didnt fóund any, i Will check that solution on a Mac computer.

Thanks a lot for your help.

It seems at first glance a smart workaround : )

but.... Looking at this comments it seems risky

"

https://gist.github.com/simX/3191869 pexcil commented4 months ago

I tried this and have completely lost my display on my MacBook Pro, the only way I can see anything at all is to hook up to an external display and close the laptop screen. Is there a way to reverse this process?

"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2014 0
New Here ,
May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been switching between 840x525 (HiDPI) and 1680x1050 more than a dozen times a day for weeks without a problem on Mavericks.

I cannot speak to this other user's problems.

And although I knew of this trick on the Mac, I have no similar advice for Windows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2014 0
Explorer ,
May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tryed that... but on my mac that option doesn´t appear then in settings 😕 !

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunatly not working for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2014 0