Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 14 resetting iOS apps?

Contributor ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since updating my iOS app to use AIR 14, I've been hearing reports that the installation overwrites the existing (shared object) data? I recall this happened with another update around 3.6 and was wondering if it is a known issue?

Users are also reporting that the app has closed itself down if they leave it and then return to it, which didn't happen previously.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Hello,

We are not able to reproduce the problem updating application from King to Lombard build on iPad 3(6.1.2) and iPhone 4(7.1.1) devices. Could you please share the AIR SDK version, device name with version your users are using. This will help us in reproducing the problem. Moreover, you can also check the application Dropbox - SharedObjectExample.zip I have used to reproduce the problem. Please let us know if I missing anything.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are not able to reproduce the problem updating application from King to Lombard build on iPad 3(6.1.2) and iPhone 4(7.1.1) devices. Could you please share the AIR SDK version, device name with version your users are using. This will help us in reproducing the problem. Moreover, you can also check the application Dropbox - SharedObjectExample.zip I have used to reproduce the problem. Please let us know if I missing anything.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just realized that I may have changed the name of the SWF inside the package from one update to another, which may have thrown off the shared object directory as well? Sorry to bring the AIR SDK into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that you are able to get the SharedObject properly.

Regards,

Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines