Highlighted

Air 15 known issues - wrong screen size and dpi

Participant ,
Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the next update of Air 15 solve the issues below..

the dpi problem with iPhone 6 plus is a show stopper,  i cant get away with delivering a reduced dpi

... under pressure to update 20+ applications  ...

Known Issues AIR  15.0.0.183

[ iPhone 6 Plus] [Launch image] A blank screen observed in apps when Default-568h@2x is packaged.

[ iPhone 6 Plus] Wrong screen size and dpi is returned through the runtime APIs .

[ iPad 3 and later] iPhone Launch image(Default@2x. png ) appears on iPad if iPhone launch images are packaged along with iPad launch images

Well done to the Air team for the good work done so far, not easy keeping up with Apple on IOS8  at the moment...

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Air 15 known issues - wrong screen size and dpi

Participant ,
Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the next update of Air 15 solve the issues below..

the dpi problem with iPhone 6 plus is a show stopper,  i cant get away with delivering a reduced dpi

... under pressure to update 20+ applications  ...

Known Issues AIR  15.0.0.183

[ iPhone 6 Plus] [Launch image] A blank screen observed in apps when Default-568h@2x is packaged.

[ iPhone 6 Plus] Wrong screen size and dpi is returned through the runtime APIs .

[ iPad 3 and later] iPhone Launch image(Default@2x. png ) appears on iPad if iPhone launch images are packaged along with iPad launch images

Well done to the Air team for the good work done so far, not easy keeping up with Apple on IOS8  at the moment...

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes we are under pressure too. I think below issue is related to known issues as well. I hope these will be fixed soon

Bug#3831747 - Adobe Air Initiates the wrong launch Image on iPhone 6 - Possible App Rejection by App...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest AIR SDK (15.0.0.349), I can get iphone 6+ launch screens to be used properly (Default-414w-736h-landscape@3x.png, 2208x1242), but stage.fullScreenWidth/Height give 1472x828, which is 2/3 the expected dimensions or 736x414 at scale factor 2, not 3.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2014 1
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a bug report for the stage size?  I use this to adjust the layout and air 16 beta still has this as an issue.  Is the value that the stage size returns with this bug constant?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2014 0
Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like this is still there in the Nov 18th beta, anyone tested?  I need reliable way to get screen dimensions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end, I ended up removing all iphone 6/6+ support from my apps, just including launch images for iphone 5, and letting it scale in iphone 6/6+.  It's only a 15% or 30% scale up, and looks perfectly fine for my purposes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2015 0
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? I am starting a new iphone-project in december. still getting a wrong launch-image in portrait-mode and wrong stage size. Should i go with swift now?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2014 0
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I was planning to do an update and don't have the iPhone to test so want to make sure it is fixed before beginning to test.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2014 0
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having simliar issue where I can get the iphone 6 launch image to work but not the iphone 6+ when using Default-414w-736h-landscape@3x.png, 2208x1242.  Also the stage.fullScreenWidth/Height give 1472x828, which is 2/3 the expected dimensions or 736x414 at scale factor 2, not 3.  I hope adobe fixes this soon or we won't be able to launch new games with Apple as it is a requirement to have your apps Iphone 6/6+ optimized.  If this isn't fixed soon were pretty much forced to abandon adobe and move onto another software solution that will allow us to build for Apple.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2015 0
Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while this is unfortunate that it's not fixed yet, as far as I know you are not *required* by apple to optimize for iphone 6/6+.  I have a batch of 5 game apps that will be submitted in the very near future that are not optimized for iphone 6/6+, and I am not aware of anything that says it will be rejected because of that.

As I stated above, just optimizing for iphone 5, in my case case at least, still looks great on iphone 6/6+

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for raising the concern,

However, I would request you to please re-verify the issue once by adding launch images as per the blog Launch Images on iOS with Adobe AIR.

If you still face the issue, please let us know.

Regards,

Jitender

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2015 0
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link to that post.  This did solve my problem and was very helpful.  My business partner is testing on the iphone 6+ so I didn't know that he was testing while zoomed in on display.  The blog in the link above does a great job describing that the iphone 6/6+ defualts to the previous device resolution when running in zoomed display as opposed to standard.  I had him test with display set to standard and it did indeed solve the problem.  Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>the dpi problem with iPhone 6 plus is a show stopper,  i cant get away with delivering a reduced dpi

Is this issue fixed with AIR 17 SDK?

AIR gives me for iPhone 6+ devices "640x1136px / 326 DPI" instead of the correct size and dpi of "1080×1980px  / DPI 401"

Is it me or is this a know issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2015 0
Engaged ,
Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

according to the above posts, have you made sure that you have iphone 6+ launch images in your app, and that the device is not in zoomed in mode?    

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the iPhone 6+ launch image in my app.

"and that the device is not in zoomed in mode?"

How does an iPhone gets into the "zoomed mode"? Is there a setting I need to add to prevent this?

Many thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Display setting can be change from iPhone Settings >Display & Brightness > View (standard/Zoomed). For information regarding launch image to use please refer Launch Images on iOS with Adobe AIR. .

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Jitender

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2015 0