Highlighted

AIR 15 on iOS 8 - Unwanted Push Notification

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the upgrade of my devices for iOS 8, I keep having a Window Alert for Push Notification even on applications which haven't such notification : "MyApp Would Like to Send You Notifications"

I've seen that it may be caused by an old AIR version. Problem is that I'm already testing in the last AIR SDK version ( 15.0.0.249 ) and the push notification keep appears.

Otherwise, the real problem seems to be that in my others applications which allready have the push, it seems to make conflict when you refuse the push at the first opening. It cause freezing the application and force to kill it.

Do you know why it happens ?

Thanks a lot,

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

It's not normal if you're not using notifications at all, but with iOS 8 I think you now get asked permission for local notifications, even if you're not using push notifications. I only see the dialog on apps that are using local notifications.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR 15 on iOS 8 - Unwanted Push Notification

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the upgrade of my devices for iOS 8, I keep having a Window Alert for Push Notification even on applications which haven't such notification : "MyApp Would Like to Send You Notifications"

I've seen that it may be caused by an old AIR version. Problem is that I'm already testing in the last AIR SDK version ( 15.0.0.249 ) and the push notification keep appears.

Otherwise, the real problem seems to be that in my others applications which allready have the push, it seems to make conflict when you refuse the push at the first opening. It cause freezing the application and force to kill it.

Do you know why it happens ?

Thanks a lot,

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Colin Holgate | Adobe Community Professional

It's not normal if you're not using notifications at all, but with iOS 8 I think you now get asked permission for local notifications, even if you're not using push notifications. I only see the dialog on apps that are using local notifications.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been at least three versions since that one, and the notification alert is a recent fix. It's worth trying 15.0.0.302:

Download Adobe AIR 15 Beta - Adobe Labs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just try with the 15.0.0.302, but the notification keeps coming in my test application without push.

Does I have to change something in addition to the AIR SDK ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2014 0
Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem that was fixed was to do with getting a notification dialog the first time you ran the app. If you chose allow or don't allow, and ran the app again, you wouldn't get the dialog.

So, if you're seeing the dialog every time that would suggest that your app is using notifications in some way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the notification dialog the first time.

But I haven't add the push system.

Do you say that this notification dialog at the first open is normal ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2014 0
Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I understand, it makes sens.

Thanks for your answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2014 0