Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 16.0.0.245 causes extra resize events on startup on landscape iPad

Engaged ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice one of the new fixes in the latest 16.0.0.245 beta is:

Wrong screen sizes and DPI are returned through runtime APIs. (3829474)

However, on a retina iPad, I am seeing new bad multiple stage resize events occurring in AIR 16.0.0.245 that never occurred in previous SDKs.

(or at least were not seen visually on startup).

Just doing a traditional listener on flash.events.Event.RESIZE

I am seeing three different resize callbacks on startup on an iPad retina when starting up in landscape mode

[trace] resize w:1000 h: 750  (seems to be in landscape orientation but not stretched to fill the screen)

[trace] resize w:1000 h: 750  (then stretched to fill screen but in portrait orientation)

[trace] resize w:2048 h: 1536  (the eventual and proper size for retina landscape)

However, starting up the app while holding the iPad in portrait mode does not cause these three different resize events, this only happens when starting up in landscape.

The app supports both orientations and has the proper launch images for both portrait and landscape, and I do not set any explicit width/height in the SWF metadata either.

Again, the final proper size eventually happens in landscape but not before distorting the content that is shown on the stage in the two previous sizes.

The exact same app and code does not exhibit this in AIR 15 or previous SDKs.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep same her.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue Jeffrey,

We tried reproducing the issue on iPad 3 retina, iPad AIR and iPad 2 as well but unable to replicate it. All three calls from event Event.Resize are returning equal screensize.

Could you please share us a sample app to reproduce the issue at our end.

Best Regards,

Jitender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try with landscape mode only

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok., maybe it is related to also requesting a Stage3D instance on startup while placing content on the native stage first. Not sure if you have an autoOrients/landscape/Stage3D test app in your coverage suite. Might take me a little to cleanup/whittle a small example, unless someone else has one ready....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines