Highlighted

AIR 16 SDK - Camera.names crashes on Windows 8/8.1

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to put this issue into the bugs db, but I cannot seem to access it - keeps asking for me to login, even when I am logged in (name at top) . In any case, on windows 8/8.1 if I access Camera.names or Camera.names.length, the app crashes completely. This only started happening when I installed a new hp wireless camera. If I uninstall the camera, reboot, all works again. Tested with a small app that calls Camera.names to verify this is the issue. This bug needs to be fixed, but what I find a bigger issue at the moment is that when I call Camera.names and I enclose it in try {} catch {} it still crashes - the app still crashes. So even if I try to contain the error so that the app doesn't crash, it doesn't work. Please fix at least the try .. catch piece, and better yet the Camera.names piece.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR 16 SDK - Camera.names crashes on Windows 8/8.1

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to put this issue into the bugs db, but I cannot seem to access it - keeps asking for me to login, even when I am logged in (name at top) . In any case, on windows 8/8.1 if I access Camera.names or Camera.names.length, the app crashes completely. This only started happening when I installed a new hp wireless camera. If I uninstall the camera, reboot, all works again. Tested with a small app that calls Camera.names to verify this is the issue. This bug needs to be fixed, but what I find a bigger issue at the moment is that when I call Camera.names and I enclose it in try {} catch {} it still crashes - the app still crashes. So even if I try to contain the error so that the app doesn't crash, it doesn't work. Please fix at least the try .. catch piece, and better yet the Camera.names piece.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2014 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Windows Event Log -> Application Log and find adl error. Open Details and you see what dll is launching the error. In my case was the FFSplit software. After uninstall worked fine!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2015 0
Participant ,
Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up uninstalling the camera and rebooting windows to get the app to work again - note without the reboot, it still didn't work. However, this is not a workable solution - users are not going to know to remove the wireless camera, nor should they have to, and they are definitely not going to look at their event log (although thanks for the info). It needs to be fixed so it doesn't crash, or at least the try ... catch should work to suppress the error and not make the app crash.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2015 0
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this problem not just with wireless cameras, but also now on Windows 7, air sdk 17, looking for the internal camera on a laptop. The air app crashes even with the try ... catch.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it using a  usb camera (Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000) and it works fine.

Can you please share the exact camera model so that we try on that one ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2015 0
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The wireless camera that caused the issue is: HP t450 wireless camera.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this issue reproducible with any other camera as well or with this particular model only ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2015 0
Spider22 LATEST
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is also reproducible using AIR 17, Win 7, running on a laptop (Sony Vaio) accessing the internal built-in camera - not a wireless camera.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2015 0