• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 17 iOS - Unable to enumerate devices.

Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

with the latest AIR 17 SDK I'm getting a "Unable to enumerate devices" error with adt.

AIR version 16 Build 283 actually works fine.

Windows 7 64-Bit

iTunes 12.1.1.4

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue.

We tried the adt packaging and the install commands and the issue is not reproducible at our end on Win 7, 64 bit machine having iTunes 12.1.1.4.

Could you please share the adt command that you are using so that we can reproduce the issue at our end as well.

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. The command is adt -installApp -platform ios -package 'myapp.ipa'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works with latest version of iTunes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The command I'm using is:

adt -package -target ipa-ad-hoc -storetype pkcs12 -keystore "cert.p12" -storepass thePassword -provisioning-profile ios.mobileprovision "myapp.ipa" "application.xml" -C bin . -C "icons/ios" .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincent,

We are using the same adt command for packaging and installation with latest Beta AIR SDK 17 and it works fine at our end.

Could you please try uninstalling "Apple Mobile Device Support" and "Apple Application Support" and then re-installing the latest iTunes version 12.1.1.4 on a fresh machine.

Please do let us know in case you still face any issue.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌i am the same problem.. Air 16 is work.  But. Latest itunes with beta 17 is not find device

win 7 64bit.sp1...... Flash cc 14.2.0.20 ..... Air beta 17.0.0.123......iTunes 12.1.1.4.....ipad air 2 md796kh/a iOS 8.1.3

image.jpg

and display list

image.jpg

and make button ........error...... not found iTunes mobile device library...but display device

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sadf,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Its a known Flash CC issue and the respective team is investigating into it.

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shweta,

I uninstalled "Apple Mobile Device Support" and "Apple Application Support" and re-installed iTunes once again - and now it works 🙂

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but I have not updated iTunes in ages. Shall try that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bram,

Please install latest iTunes version on a fresh machine and let us know in case you still face the issue.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

working great after installing the latest iTunes. Confirmed fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2015 Mar 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest iTunes version but I still get the "Unable to enumerate devices" error with ADT.

- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

- AIR SDK 17 (stable, not beta)

- iTunes 12.1.1 (64-bit)

How to fix that error?

(Everything works great with the AIR SDK 16)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Could you please try uninstalling "Apple Mobile Device Support" and "Apple Application Support" and then re-installing the latest iTunes version 12.1.1.4 on a fresh machine.

Please do let us know in case you still face any issue.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked but now the AIR 16 SDK doesn't work anymore - but that is not a problem.

Also rebooting your device helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom Simmons,

AIR 16 will only work with older iTunes version. e.g : 12.0.1.26

If you want to use AIR SDK 16 or below, you must install the older version of iTunes and If you want to use AIR SDK 17, newer version of iTunes needs to be installed.

Let us know if you have more queries on same.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have also found this issue with AIR SDK and latest itunes version 12.3 and we have logged an internal bug for the same.

Our team is looking at it.

-Adobe Air Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exactly same Problem when testing on an iOS device.

Windows 10 64 bit

Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 Premium

AIR SDK 19.0.0.213

Latest ITunes 12.3

Testing on an iOS device I am left with this message:

"Error occured while installing the application:

Unable to enumerate devices."

It would be very nice to get an update on how to fix this issue.

I'd also like to add... I found this thread: iTunes MobileDevice library not found error when 'Install application on the connected iOS....'

because it talked about a solution to my error above. I went through the process twice, even reinstalled Flash Builder...Nothing..... the itunes version for older video cards doesn't work so if you're reading this save your time.

We need a fix from Adobe for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge pain every time this happens! I spent hours last time with AIR 17, and hours again this time trying all of the same things. Seems kind of unbelievable that nobody at Adobe is working on a 64-bit machine, so how do they not discover this. I know I'm working with a beta, but still... it's kind of unusable this way. I'm back to having a text field on screen and sending debug output to it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow so I just happened to also post this on the Starling Forum, and I found this: https://twitter.com/epascal/status/646716884528824320

Apparently there is a patch to fix this...Sad I'm the first to post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that actually work for you? It doesn't seem to be for me -- changed the error though. I used to not get an error until the very end when it tried to install on the device.

Now I get the empty device list window at the start of the build process -- it can't even find the device now, whereas before it apparently could find it but couldn't deploy to it once the build was done.

running "iIPA -devices" gives me the "iTunes MobileDevice library not found" error -- before, I didn't get this error, it listed my device OK.

If it did work, what OS, etc.? I'm on Windows 10 x64, latest AIR 19 beta, FB 4.7, latest iTunes.

I wish we just had a clear explanation of the problem! Do I reinstall iTunes now (again)? Or try the "older video card" version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly I wasn't able to try it, as the problem wasn't mind it was a co-workers and he has the computer now... I forwarded him the solution I'll follow up and see what he says.

One thing we did notice, we also tried the "itunes with older video card" version, and we got the EXACT same result as you... an empty device list. I think it has to do with the version with the old video card does not install the "Apple Application Support (64-bit)"... check your "Program and Features" I bet you'll only see the "Apply Application Support (32-bit)" listed.

Eitherway, I believe the fix is suppose to be in conjunction with the latest version of itunes, not the "old video card" version.

Apparently also you need to be careful how you uninstall itunes, there is a certain order to the things you need to remove. Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows...

Try completely removing itunes and all the stuff listed, then install the real latest version, then try the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have also found this issue with AIR SDK and latest itunes version  and we have logged an internal bug for the same.

Our team is looking into this.

Regards,

Adobe Air Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news here? Almost month has passed 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines