Highlighted

AIR 18 had crashed when i used NetGroup with a Worker instance.

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I need to make a chat application.But, AIR 18 has crashed when i using a NetGroup with a Worker instance.

Should it work? Or am i just doing something wrong?

crashed.png

Thanks in advance,

Dzung

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR 18 had crashed when i used NetGroup with a Worker instance.

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I need to make a chat application.But, AIR 18 has crashed when i using a NetGroup with a Worker instance.

Should it work? Or am i just doing something wrong?

crashed.png

Thanks in advance,

Dzung

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 21, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It definitely shouldn't crash.  Is this reproducible?  If so, could you add a bug report at https://bugbase.adobe.com along with a sample app and let me know the bug number?

Thanks,

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2015 0
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i taked it again and i have reported a bug to bugbase (id: 4041605) with a same project;

Thanks

Dzung

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I'm experiencing the same problem as described. I had a functional system using the CocoonP2P library https://code.google.com/p/cocoon-p2p/

And as soon as I moved the code to its own thread, "var group:NetGroup = new NetGroup(netConnection, groupSpecString);" is causing AIR to close with no error stack.

I have verified and both netConnection and groupSpecString are initialized properly, and whats even stranger, this particular line is inside the CocoonP2P library and was not tempered while moving the code to its thread.

While monitoring the connections on the MonaServer, I can see a new peer added before calling the "new NetGroup" function. So connection is successfully established.

I was able to experience the same issue on Windows 7 64bit, AIR 19.0.0.183 and Mac OSX, same sdk.

Have you been able to reproduce the problem?

Regards,

Leo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I was able to create a test case and consistently reproduce the problem on my testing platforms. I was also able to "isolate" the cause and steps to reproduce. The bug ID is 4081973

I hope the team can find the root cause.

Best regards,

Leo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Crash is not reproducible at our end. We have responded on the bug with our findings.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kratika,

I have updated the bug with a some files a couple days ago, not sure if you were able to check. Please let me know.

regards,

Leo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris and Katrika,

I have submitted the best test case I could come up with, and I have been able to reproduce the issue even on the AIR Beta SDK (20.0.0.178).

This issue (at least to me) has big impacts and I would really like to demonstrate it via Skype so we can at very least get on the same page as to how it happens.

The bug ID is 4081973.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Chris has my skype details (skype name: muvhaus).

Best regards,

Leo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for updating the bug report Leo.  I'm sure Kratika will get back to you asap if they encounter problems.  Please let me know if you don't hear back.

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the required information.This issue is reproducible at our end.We are looking into it.We will get back to you soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kratika,

any news on the bug ?

regards,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This bug will be fixed in next AIR sdk release.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is fixed on latest AIR 21.0.0.123.Please download it from Adobe AIR 21 Beta | application development - Adobe Labs

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THank you Kratika!

Much appreciated.

regards,

Leo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2016 0