• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air 20/21 Android rendering issue

Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an app, fairly complex, that places images on a 3d sphere and allows the user to move the images via touch-hold and swipe, and tap on the images. The same code works on Air 19 on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. The same code works on Air 20/21 on Windows, Mac, iOS, but not for Android. It does work on the Android Air 20/21 if I use cpu rendering and not gpu rendering - but, I need gpu rendering on the Android as it makes it much (and I mean much) better response. When I use gpu on Android Air 20/21, the sphere seems to be created ok since I can tap where an image should appear and the app responds as it should, BUT I cannot see the images on the sphere.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

I just tried my app with SDK 21, 150, beta, and the rendering works with gpu! Looks like this release fixed the problem - thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a more simple app, which does the same thing on the Android - renders fine on SDK 19 under gpu or cpu, does not under SDK 20/21 under gpu. Is there some other setting I should be using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried my app with SDK 21, 150, beta, and the rendering works with gpu! Looks like this release fixed the problem - thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks,

Adobe Air Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines