Highlighted

AIR 20 Display issue

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a display issue with AIR 20 for a mobile app being deployed unto an Android. Whenever I use AIR 20, none of my images display, which are both BitmapImage and Image MXML classes. Whenever I downgrade to AIR 19, then it works. Any thoughts on why images don't display in AIR 20? This is somewhat of a big problem if images on my app don't work.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR 20 Display issue

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a display issue with AIR 20 for a mobile app being deployed unto an Android. Whenever I use AIR 20, none of my images display, which are both BitmapImage and Image MXML classes. Whenever I downgrade to AIR 19, then it works. Any thoughts on why images don't display in AIR 20? This is somewhat of a big problem if images on my app don't work.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 23, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out what the issue is. I have the cacheAsBitmap set to true within my ItemRenderer's that have BitmapImage's. Whenever I set this flag to false, then the images display. I have this set to true to try to improve scrolling performance. Any ideas why this isn't working anymore? Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2016 0
Spider22 LATEST
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be related to the issue I was having with bitmap images on Android 19/20 SDK using gpu mode. In my case, using the latest beta build of SDK 21.0.150 solved the issue - Air 20/21 Android rendering issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2016 0