Highlighted

Air 21 causing ios submission issue with icons

Explorer ,
May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to submit an updated version of an iOS app to Apple using Application Loader, and it's complaining about icons missing (see screenshot). Previous versions of the app have been submitted many times before without this issue, and we've made no changes to the icons or to the part of the app descriptor that lists them.

This version of the app is the first one that's been built with Air21. If I build with Air20, I get no such warnings (I do want to use Air21 though).

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 16.54.51.png

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Air 21 causing ios submission issue with icons

Explorer ,
May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to submit an updated version of an iOS app to Apple using Application Loader, and it's complaining about icons missing (see screenshot). Previous versions of the app have been submitted many times before without this issue, and we've made no changes to the icons or to the part of the app descriptor that lists them.

This version of the app is the first one that's been built with Air21. If I build with Air20, I get no such warnings (I do want to use Air21 though).

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 16.54.51.png

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 12, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Could you please use the proper naming convention for the icons being used. Also, try uploading the app with the latest AIR SDK 22 and let us know in case you still face this issue.

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2016 0
Explorer ,
May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the proper naming convention according to table 5 here for universal app icon requirements:

Technical Q&A QA1686: App Icons on iPad and iPhone

^^ that table doesn't include the iPad Pro size of 167 which is a bit weird, but I tried renaming my 167 icon to "Icon-83.5@2x.png" anyway but it didn't help.

In the end, I removed some of the icons for settings and spotlight (which I don't think I need), and it seems happy now and I've uploaded without errors.

Here's the icons node from my manifest now:

<image120x120>Icon-60@2x.png</image120x120>

<image180x180>Icon-60@3x.png</image180x180>

<image76x76>Icon-76.png</image76x76>

<image152x152>Icon-76@2x.png</image152x152>

<image80x80>Icon-Small-40@2x.png</image80x80>

<image167x167>Icon-83.5@2x.png</image167x167>

I'm still suspicious that I had to remove the 58, 29 and 40 sizes for it to work though. Feels wrong. At least all the main ones are there though.

Didn't try with AIR 22 as I don't want to submit with beta software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please let us know the xcode version that you are using?

Probably that might help us investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2016 0
Explorer ,
May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have 7.3.1 installed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

We would need the info.plist file for further investigations.

Also, if possible could you please provide us with a sample app or the project that you using. This would help us in reproducing the issue at our end as well.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2016 0
Explorer ,
May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've sent you a direct message with download details.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are unable to download the app. It says app size 88MB but when we try and download it, only 8 MB gets downloaded and fails to open the zip file.

Could you please upload it on dropbox and share the link with us.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2016 0
Explorer ,
May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm that's odd. Well I've messaged you a dropbox link anyway. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem. This is ridiculous. I'm going to try switching to FlashDevelop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What were you publishing in at the moment? Are you still using AIR 21?

Adobe Animate lets you pick iPad Pro icons, even under AIR 23. So, using AIR 23 or later might help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Flash Builder with AIR 25. Solved the issue by renaming the icons to nonstandard names and moving them to a subdirectory. Maybe it stops the compiler from overwriting existing icons.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2017 0