• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air 23/24 app for Mac code signing using Distribution ID for general distribution

Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to code sign my air for mac app (sdk 23/24) and have researched and found several threads, none of which appear to work. This is for general distribution, not for the Mac Store. I have tried the following:

rm -rf APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe\ AIR.vch

rm -rf APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/adobecp.plugin

rm -rf APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/adobecp.vch

rm -rf APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/AdobeCP15.plugin

rm -rf APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/WebKit.dylib

rm -rf APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Flash\ Player.plugin

rm -rf APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/AdobeCP15.plugin

which all seems to work, followed by:

codesign -f -v -s “Developer ID Application: Developer" APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe\ AIR_64\ Helper

codesign -f -v -s “Developer ID Application: Developer" APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe\ AIR_64

codesign -f -v -s “Developer ID Application: Developer" APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe\ AIR

codesign -f -v -s “Developer ID Application: Developer" APP.app/Contents/MacOS/App

codesign -f -v -s “Developer ID Application: Developer" APP.app

which all seems to work, indicating each step is signed.

If I start the signed App.app directly (double click) it opens and runs no problems. However if I put it into a dmg, take the dmg and put it on a server, download back onto the same computer, mount the dmg and try to run App.app, it says it is damaged and should be put in the trash. I have done this several times.

On the signed App.app, when I run spctl -a App.app, I get: App.app: nested code is modified or invalid.

I have also tried the above without the initial rm commands, leaving the bundle intact prior to signing, and just using the 5 codesign commands - get the same results: nested code is modified or invalid. Note that I first compile the app using a self signed certificate, then apply the above to the resultant app.

Any help appreciated, I must be missing a step somewhere?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Hi ,

Please try these steps:

Delete following from your app:

App>Contents>Frameworks>Adobe AIR.framework>Versions>1.0> Adobe AIR_64 Helper

App>Contents>Frameworks>Adobe AIR.framework>Versions>1.0> Resources>Adobe AIR.vch

App>Contents>Frameworks>Adobe AIR.framework>Versions>1.0> Resources>ExtendedAppEntryTemplate64

App>Contents>Frameworks>Adobe AIR.framework>Versions>1.0> Resources>Flash Player.plugin

App>Contents>Frameworks>Adobe AIR.framework>Versions>1.0> Resources>WebKit.dyl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had any success in signing mac air sdk23/24 apps using the Apple Distribution ID certs and the above method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I tried signing the app with distribution certificates and found no problem while signing. The app worked fine and even after putting it in dmg it worked fine in same computer as well as different computer.

We would need your sample app for further investigation, please log a bug her  Home and attach your sample app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just to make this simple, I created a new app (same name, same app.xml) but it only has a button and a single text field - nothing else. Using adt and my self signed cert, I created the App.app on a mac, which compiles and runs the app as it should. Next I do the following:

codesign -f -v -s “Developer ID Application: Developer" APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe\ AIR_64\ Helper

- signed Mach-0 thin (x86_64) [Adobe AIR_64 Helper]

codesign -f -v -s “Developer ID Application: Developer" APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe\ AIR_64

- signed Mach-0 thin (x86_64) [Adobe AIR_64

]

codesign -f -v -s “Developer ID Application: Developer" APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe\ AIR

- signed bundle with Mach-0 thin (x86_64) [com.adobe.AIR]]

codesign -f -v -s “Developer ID Application: Developer" APP.app/Contents/MacOS/App

- signed bundle with Mach-0 thin (x86_64) [com.app.APP]]

- replacing existing signature

- signed bundle with Mach-0 thin (x86_64) [com.app.APP]]

then if I run:

spctl -a -v App.app,

- App.app: nested code is modified or invalid.

It seems that the signing is working, but the resultant app is not correctly or completely signed. I am wondering if when I use the adt command I should sign with the apple developer cert?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have retried using the following, still doesn't work by at least it tells me the issue:

rm -rf APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe\ AIR.vch

rm -rf APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/adobecp.plugin

rm -rf APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/adobecp.vch

rm -rf APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/WebKit.dylib

rm -rf APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Flash\ Player.plugin

which all seems to work, followed by:

codesign -f -v -s “Developer ID Application: Developer" APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/ExtendedAppentryTemplate64

codesign -f -v -s “Developer ID Application: Developer" APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/

Then, if I run codesign -vvv App.app it says:

App.app: nested code is modified or invalid

File modified.. /App.app/Contents/frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework

Which is signed as the response when I codesign it - signed bundle with Mach-0 thin (x86_64) [com.adobe.AIR]

Is there something else that requires signing in framework?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nitanwar, I am still unable to sign my mac app (see last post above) it claims it is related to the frameworks? Can you share the steps you have taken to successfully sign an app for general distribution? What you removed (if any), and what you signed? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please try these steps:

Delete following from your app:

App>Contents>Frameworks>Adobe AIR.framework>Versions>1.0> Adobe AIR_64 Helper

App>Contents>Frameworks>Adobe AIR.framework>Versions>1.0> Resources>Adobe AIR.vch

App>Contents>Frameworks>Adobe AIR.framework>Versions>1.0> Resources>ExtendedAppEntryTemplate64

App>Contents>Frameworks>Adobe AIR.framework>Versions>1.0> Resources>Flash Player.plugin

App>Contents>Frameworks>Adobe AIR.framework>Versions>1.0> Resources>WebKit.dylib

Sign the app:

codesign -f -v -s “Developer ID Application: Developer" APP.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe\ AIR.framework/

Please verify if these steps help.

-Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vivek, thanks so much, I followed the instructions (removing the 5 files, signing the 4 files) and it worked on 2 apps I tested!

I did experience a bit of an odd error the first couple of times I tried the above, the resultant signed file said it was not trusted - I researched the error and discovered it was certificate related (although I had not changed the certs since I had originally installed them). I actually deleted the specific certs from the keychain, then re-installed them (the 2 Apple authority and my own Developer ID certs) and made sure they were all set to Use System Defaults in their trust properties. I noticed that one of the certs was not set to Use System Defaults before I deleted it, which I have no idea how that setting changed (maybe when I upgraded OSX). In my case, I had to make sure they were all fresh installed and all set to Use System Defaults in the Trust settings.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines