Highlighted

AIR 24 - Android 6.0.1 context loss after displaying native dialog

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After updating to AIR 24, we're getting context losses on Android 6.0.1 whenever any native dialog is displayed. It only happens when fullScreen is set to true and it didn't happen with previous versions of AIR SDK. This really blocks us from using the newest version of AIR SDK. Does anyone know if there's anything we could do with this?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR 24 - Android 6.0.1 context loss after displaying native dialog

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After updating to AIR 24, we're getting context losses on Android 6.0.1 whenever any native dialog is displayed. It only happens when fullScreen is set to true and it didn't happen with previous versions of AIR SDK. This really blocks us from using the newest version of AIR SDK. Does anyone know if there's anything we could do with this?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share some more details like a sample project so that we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Pravishti | Adobe AIR Engineering

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2016 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Here's simple project to reproduce the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9l8lxm0e7dnqhp/ContextLoss.zip?dl=0

This app requires context3D and randomizes screen color whenever context3D is recreated. When you tap on the screen it opens google website. And on Android 6.0.1 when app is builded with AIR 24, the screen will change color every time a system dialog to chose browser will pop up. It doesn't happen on Android versions 5.x and 4.x and doesn't happen at all with AIR 23. Also when I change fullscreen to false everything is fine too.

You need to have at least two browsers installed on the device and default one not selected to make system dialog pop up.

Here's a link how you can clear you defaults.

How to Easily Select Your Default Apps in Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue over here, after upgrade to AIR SDK 24, I got my app context loss every time it open a native dialog, such as volume, or alert, preloader,... and sometime it crashed the app as well.

But when I set <fullScreen>false</fullScreen> in the XML Manifest, everything work just fine. But I don't think it's a solution, since I want my app to be fullscreen.

Please, do investigate on it.

Thanks,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the report.  We are investigating.

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

For me with SDK 24 and Android (LG Nexus 5) every time I click on text input i get context loss and black screen for a second or two and after that it recovers.

Also with sdk 24 I am no longer able to debug application directly to device (Android) with Flash Builder 4.6 on Windows 10 while I was able to do it just fine with sdk 23.

One more thing with sdk 24 I am not able to use custom embedded fonts for for android while it is working just fine on iOS.

For android I always get error 105 saying that fontPath is invalid value while the value is correct even when I use absolute url.

Regards,

Caslav

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of Context loss issue and are working on the same. We will inform once we have something to share with the community.

Regarding the other two issues you have mentioned

"Also with sdk 24 I am no longer able to debug application directly to device (Android) with Flash Builder 4.6 on Windows 10 while I was able to do it just fine with sdk 23.

One more thing with sdk 24 I am not able to use custom embedded fonts for for android while it is working just fine on iOS.

For android I always get error 105 saying that fontPath is invalid value while the value is correct even when I use absolute url."

Could you please explain these issues in detail so that we can investigate them further.

Thanks,

Ankit | Adobe AIR Engineering

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anki,

Very sorry for late reply I did not see your message earlier. We are all very dependant on you guys.

Well for the issue where I am not able to export release build on Android with Flash Builder 4.6 and Windows 10 when using stage custom embedded fonts it is described on this thread:

Custom Stage Text fonts in Adobe AIR 24 « Starling Forum

Basically whatever path that I put inside fontPath it always says that it has invalid value. Error 105. While for iOS is working great.

I have tried absolute path in 4 different versions:

C:/Adobe_Flash_Builder_Work_Space/ShapesInMotionAndroid/src/shapesinmotion/assets/fonts/life_is_goofy.ttf

and

C:\Adobe_Flash_Builder_Work_Space\ShapesInMotionAndroid\src\shapesinmotion\assets\fonts\life_is_goofy.ttf

and I tried target in the bin-release-tmp folder as well

C:/Adobe_Flash_Builder_Work_Space/ShapesInMotionAndroid/bin-release-temp/shapesinmotion/assets/fonts/life_is_goofy.ttf

and

C:\Adobe_Flash_Builder_Work_Space\ShapesInMotionAndroid\bin-release-temp\shapesinmotion\assets\fonts\life_is_goofy.ttf

And I am still getting error 105.

And for the other issue where I am unable to debug application on android using Adobe AIR sdk and Flash Builder 4.6 on Windows 10. It gets stuck while trying to install application on device. It can uninstall existing application but it can not install new application and run it. When I revert to Adobe AIR sdk 23 I am able to debug application on the Android device without issues.

Regards,

Caslav

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anki,

I just want to report my two findings today.

Firstly debugging application directly on Android device is Working fine with Flash Builder 4.7 using Adobe AIR SDK 24 on Windows 10, but not with Flash Builder 4.6 using Adobe AIR SDK 24 on Windows 10.

Using  Adobe AIR SDK 24 new feature custom stage text fonts is working fine with Flash Builder 4.7 but it is not working with Flash Builder 4.6.

Also, with Flash Builder 4.7 when exporting release build for Android and using stage custom embedded font I do not have to use absolute path in my Main-app.xml application descriptor file. I can use relative paths just fine as I am doing already for iOS.

This is how I embed font when exporting release build for Android using Flash Builder 4.7

<embedFonts>

<font>

<fontName>Life is goofy</fontName>

<fontPath>simandroid/assets/fonts/life_is_goofy.ttf</fontPath>

</font>

</embedFonts>

And I have tested it on LG Nexus 5 and it is working great except context lost. I can edit text using my embedded font.

And this is how I embed font when exporting release build for iOS:

<embedFonts>

<font>

<fontName>Life is goofy</fontName>

<fontPath>simios/assets/fonts/life_is_goofy.ttf</fontPath>

</font>

</embedFonts>

So for both platforms iOS and Android I can use relative paths when embedding fonts and it is working fine but only on Flash Builder 4.7. It is not working for Android on Flash Builder 4.6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tested AIR SDK 25 Beta on many android devices (Samsung, LG, Huawei, Xiaomi) and it seams that context loss bug is fixed and everything works great.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Caslav

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is now broken in AIR SDK 25 Release version on iOS. When I want to use custom embedded font on IOS the app quits unexpectedly.

Everything was working great on AIR SDK 25.0.108 Beta except for the strange top padding on Android when using embedded font in text input

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We tried running Custom fonts on StageText using AIRSDK 25.0.0.134 on iOS 10.2 but we didn't face any issues at our end. Can you please specify whether the mentioned problem is specific to any situation ?

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Engineering

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2017 0
chaky LATEST
Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pravishtis,

I tried to run it on iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 10.2.1. It is hard to give any data because the app just crash. I tried to debug it on device (iPhone 7 Plus) but no error is thrown it just quits.

I will try to run it on more devices including Android as well and I will get back to you.

Thanks,

Caslav

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2017 0