Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air 24 beta home made ANE "is not a valid native extension file"

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We updated our air sdk to the new beta version (24). But now the app compilation fail with this message :

......\ant\ext\myAne.ane is not a valid native extension file.

We were previously on the version 22 and all worked fine. I tried with the release version 23 and it's working too.

Do you have any idea about what could cause this problem ?

Thx

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The problem is still here with the lastest version of air (24.0.0.177) and I can't compile my application. Anybody ? What could cause my ane to become invalid by updating the air sdk ?

What should I look at ?

Thx 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for reporting the issue, we have tired this at our end by sample project and its working fine, so could you please share your sample project so that it will be helpful for us to reproduce at our end.

Regards,

Mayank

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mayank,

Thank you for your answer. I created a sample project and got the same error. You can download the project source here : Dropbox - project.zip

Guillaume

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Guillaume for sharing the sample project, this issue is reproducible at our end by your sample project but while investigating we observe the following errors in packaging the app -

ld: framework not found SaveThatWave

Compilation failed while executing : ld64

Are you also facing this error or in which build your project working fine or is it iOS or Android specific, could you please share some more information so it will be helpful for us to work on that issue.

-Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that,

I forgot to include 2 frameworks needed by the ane for iOS that we add in the air SDK  (in the folder \lib\aot\stub). You can get them here : Dropbox - frameworks.zip

The bug is indeed iOS specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing frameworks files, this issue is reproducible now at our end and we are further investigating it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need another example of this, I experienced the same problem on iOS with Air24, but could package fine with Air23 (which is what I had to do). I was using the latest Chartboost ane from here : Download & Integrate the Chartboost SDK for Adobe AIR – Chartboost Help Site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also confirm that AIR 24 is breaking at least our Google VR ANE! The ANE is available on Github if you need it as another example having this problem: googleVR.ane is not a valid native extension file · Issue #15 · myflashlab/GoogleVR-ANE · GitHub 

It works fine if you compile it with AIR 23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: We re-packaged the ANE using AIR SDK 24 and now it compiles fine with 24 with no problem.

However, that would have been nice to know what was breaking "some" ANEs in AIR 24. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have fixed this issue, please try to use latest AIR SDK 25 Beta build from - http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html.

Regards,
Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines