AIR 24 beta "Error #3800: This call requires CameraRoll permission."

AIR 23 No problem.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Hi Xj,

Please refer to our release notes from AIR 24 Beta and refer to the section "Permission on Android and iOS".

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/air24_flashplayer24_releasenotes.pdf

Please let us know if it helps you.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Xj,

Please refer to our release notes from AIR 24 Beta and refer to the section "Permission on Android and iOS".

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/air24_flashplayer24_releasenotes.pdf

Please let us know if it helps you.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I am getting CameraRoll.permissionStatus == 'denied' in adl. Any way around that? I used to rely on CameraRoll.supportsAddBitmapData == false there but now I am not getting there because of dead end in preceeding permission checking code. so now I have to pull CameraRoll.supportsAddBitmapData check all the way up and duplicate some code along the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the problem, that the permission status always is "denied". The permission request dialog does not even come up after calling requestPermission(), even with a clean app install. Something seems to be wrong with the api...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harry248,

CameraRoll.requestPermission() on Android requires file/storage permission to be given in app.xml.

Please let us know if it works for you.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks deesharm, I had only requested READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE in application manifest but needed WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE. It works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines