Highlighted

AIR 25 - dx tool failed

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My problem is being unable to package android apk with AIR 25 SDK. I am using Windows 10, tried jre/jdk libraries of 1.8.111 and 1.8.121 but the case exists. To eliminate all external factors like ANE's and certificates, I created a brand new as3 mobile project in FlashDevelop (which is also uptodate with AIR 25 SDK). When I try to test the app on android, it directly says "dx tool failed:" The other versions of AIR SDK's did not have this problem. I will appreciate any help.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR 25 - dx tool failed

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My problem is being unable to package android apk with AIR 25 SDK. I am using Windows 10, tried jre/jdk libraries of 1.8.111 and 1.8.121 but the case exists. To eliminate all external factors like ANE's and certificates, I created a brand new as3 mobile project in FlashDevelop (which is also uptodate with AIR 25 SDK). When I try to test the app on android, it directly says "dx tool failed:" The other versions of AIR SDK's did not have this problem. I will appreciate any help.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 24, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Please follow the below steps and let us know if it works:

1. Uninstall JAVA from your machine.

2. Remove all the JAVA paths from environment variables.

3. Install jre1.8.0_121 on your machine.

4. Re-start your machine.

Use latest AIR SDK from Download Adobe AIR SDK

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the exact steps but it did not help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is related with the 32 bit version of Java. I installed 64 bit  of JRE 1.8.0_111 and it packaged without problems. I suppose 64 bit JRE 1.8.0_121 will also work fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello man, but uninstall solve all the problems? the vars JAVA and others dont need to change? because we tryed so many times to make this apk, but nothing works for us...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2019 0