Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 25 / iOS 10.2 / AudioPlaybackMode.VOICE not working with bluetooth headset

Participant ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are no chances to send sound to bluetooth headset using AudioPlaybackMode.VOICE.

To check this, try test app - Dropbox - SoundTestApp.zip

Also, please see related problems with bluetooth:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4196360

This feature is important for our team.

Please fix it for us. This problem with bluetooth headset since october 2016.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need answer. Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need answer. Please!

Is bluetooth headset supported by AIR SDK 25 on iOS devices?

---

We pay money Adobe every month.

We have the right to support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody from Adobe Team will answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also trying to get the Bluetooth headset to work with iOS 10 using the new AIR SDK 25 release version that came out this week. I can verify the headset is connected, and the app has mic access, and testing with either AudioPlaybackMode.VOICE or AudioPlaybackMode.MEDIA and no sound goes to the headset and the mic on the headset is also not picking up (ie. no matter what playback mode is selected, the Bluetooth headset does not seem to respond at all).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone had luck with Bluetooth headset on iOS 10 using AIR SDK 24/25? Still not working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no one answer from Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are looking into it.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on the Bluetooth headset audio/mic issue on ios10 and AIR25 not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue has been fixed in latest AIR 26 Beta (Download Adobe AIR 26 Beta - Adobe Labs​). Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

Pravishti | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and that you paid attention to this problem.

Unfortunately the problem is not solved. It got worse.

Now SoundMixer.audioPlaybackMode and SoundMixer.useSpeakerphoneForVoice not working at all.

I can't switch SoundMixer.audioPlaybackMode to AudioPlaybackMode.VOICE.

And i can't set SoundMixer.useSpeakerphoneForVoice = true

Sound allways work like SoundMixer.audioPlaybackMode = AudioPlaybackMode.MEDIA and SoundMixer.useSpeakerphoneForVoice = false

You can check it using my sound test app - you can see link to download in head of this topic.

Test enviroment:

AIR SDK BETA 26.0.0.93

Windows 10 x64

Adobe Animate CC 2017.1

Test device:

iPhone 5s

iOS 10.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the Bluetooth headset with the latest AIR SDK 26 release, and it does not seem to work for ios 10.

For ios 9, running on a 4s, if I make sure the mic is not trying to use echo suppression, the sound goes to the Bluetooth headset, but the microphone on the headset is not picking up - so I get sound in the headset on ios 9, no mic.

For ios 10, running on several devices 5s up, whether or not I get the mic with or without echo suppression I get no sound to the Bluetooth headset and no mic pickup.

Btw, this used to work in AIR 21, and I think AIR 23.

If there is some special settings I should try, let me know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have tried with and without echo suppression on iOS 9 and 10 on various devices and here are results:

Capture.JPG

Is this the same behavior you are observing or is there any different behavior on your side ?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still trying different configurations with AIR SDK 26 release, but the Bluetooth headset (both audio out and mic) still does not work in ios 10. As I mentioned earlier, the audio out on ios9 works to Bluetooth headset, but the mic on the headset or on the phone when the headset is connected does not work. In both cases, with no headset, the audio out and mic work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same situation.

With AIR 27.0.0.104 situation even worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am not certain I understand the last post (above). Essentially what I am experiencing is different in ios9 from ios10 as follows:

iOS9

With Bluetooth headset connected:

- Bluetooth headset receives audio and plays in headset

- Bluetooth headset mic is not picking up voice and neither is the mic on the phone (ie. no mic pickup at all)

iOS10

With Bluetooth headset connected:

- Bluetooth headset does not receive the audio (it plays on the phone speaker, not the headset)

- Bluetooth headset mic is not picking up voice and neither is the mic on the phone (ie. no mic pickup at all)

I can hear the Bluetooth headset 'beeps' when the app begins the audio, usually meaning that it recognizes the device, but the above are the results.

Can you provide the SoundMixer.audioPlaybackMode and SoundMixer.useSpeakerphoneForVoice modes you are using, with and without echo suppression?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We are using SoundMixer.audioPlaybackMode = AudioPlaybackMode.VOICE and SoundMixer.useSpeakerphoneForVoice = False. The behavior we are observing is:

-With bluetooth headset (speaker + mic) connected:

- no mic pickup from bluetooth headset and no audio output.

-phone mic is picking up the audio and phone speaker is playing the audio output.

We are observing this behavior on both iOS 9 and 10 with and without echo suppression. We are attaching our project for your reference.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines