• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 31 automatically deferring screen edge gestures in iOS 11+

Engaged ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like AIR 31 is now automatically deferring screen edge gestures in iOS 11 and iOS 12, specifically where swiping up on the home indicator on iPhone X will now require an additional swipe before it tries to close/minimize the app.

This is great for most cases, but is there any way to toggle this behavior off if desired in AIR 31?  Some applications that are designed with the safe zones in mind can safely function with just a single swipe up to minimize the app, and don't need to defer the screen edge gestures by default.

I didn't see any mention in the release notes about changing this behavior or any way to have control over it, though I did see mention of a fix for issue AIR-4198602 which may be why this was changed.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

This free ANE solve this issue.

Distriqt System Gestures

air native extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue.

Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This free ANE solve this issue.

Distriqt System Gestures

air native extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, good to know!

I had looked at that extension for if I ever wanted to defer the edge gestures, I guess now I'll need it for the opposite when I don't want to defer them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be this command?

If you wish to disable all screen edge gestures use the ScreenEdges.ALL value: SystemGestures.service.setDeferredScreenEdges( ScreenEdges.ALL )

To enable system gestures again you can call:

SystemGestures.service.setDeferredScreenEdges( ScreenEdges.NONE );

SystemGestures by distriqt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried using ScreenEdges.NONE and that restores it back to how it used to be in AIR 30, with nothing deferred.  So this is definitely an option if Adobe doesn't add a way to toggle this behavior on and off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines