Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 33: UIDeviceFamily in iOS InfoAdditions causes error

Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

There are multiple posts in this forum about this problem in AIR 23, and it was "solved" in AIR 24, yet I'm running into it when I use AIR 33.

When I add this code to my app descriptor file ...

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
            <array>
              <string>1</string>
              <string>2</string>
            </array>

... I get this error ...

"error 105: application.iPhone.InfoAdditions contains an invalid value"

Does anyone know why I might be getting this error? I assume that many of you are using similar XML, as this is (I think) needed to make an app run properly on both iPhone and iPad.

Douglas

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing this on Windows, I'm guessing this is happening on MacOS?

I'd recommend posting it on the Issues github page that Harman checks: https://github.com/Gamua/Adobe-Runtime-Support/issues

I remember a while back Apple enforced the elements in that array being integers instead of strings, and Adobe did a fix for AIR where you still specify them as strings, but ADT would automatically switch these to integers in the Info.plist. Maybe now that Harman is starting to work on ADT for Catalina they accidentally removed Adobe's fix for that. Incidentally ADT doesn't allow you to actually specify integers for those -- you'll get that same error on Windows if you use integer directly instead of string -- but maybe Harman now expects you to use integer instead of string on MacOS?  Might be worth a shot trying (and posting the error to the github either way since it should ideally still allow the old method as well.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me in many apps and with AIR32 and 33. Maybe there is something else, wrong with your InfoAdditions. Can you post the whole InfoAdditions here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Flipline and Leo,

Thanks a lot for your responses. I was about to respond to your thoughts and questions, ran a quick test, and suddenly it's working.  (!)  In other words, the app builds, and I've successfully uploaded it to TestFlight.

I have no clue as to why this is happening or what I might have done differently before...

I'll post again if this problem reappears. Thanks again for responding.

Douglas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines