Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 64-bit Required By Apple from February 2015

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just saw this notice that Apple will require all iOS apps to be native 64-bit capable from February 2015 to pass App Store submission. Does anyone know the status of 64-bit support in Adobe AIR for iOS?

Per

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one thread with the answer from adobe employee iOS 64-bit support (already in pipeline), hope we get it well before feb 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Per,

We really need this to happen on time.. iOS 64 support is an urgent matter now..

getting this sorted before the deadline would be a clear sign that Adobe takes AIR seriously

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

OP here, I'm glad to hear that Adobe is looking into it, and yes, it would be great if it happens before the deadline.

But I'm worried about what happens with the various ANEs? Will they not also need to be updated to 64-bit capable? That has me paranoid, because it moves the burden over to a lot of developers who might not be able to afford redeveloping their ANEs for 64-bit, and will just drop the ANEs.

So how does this work? Will existing ANEs work under 64-bit architecture?

Per

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about the ANEs , its a good point .

I use Milkman for Admob and Google Analytics, I think they might be ok , they seem pretty clued up and have things well sorted for

X86 etc, only time will tell...fingers crossed ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

As Romil stated in the other thread, we're working on a 64-bit compatible build and are shooting to have beta releases out sometime in December.  As you can imagine, with the upcoming holidays this will be challenging but the team is committed to getting a build to you as soon as possible.  Thankfully, the new and improved AOT that our team has created is up to the task.  We we're in good shape for getting this done and making sure your iOS apps remain fully compatible.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Wonderful to hear Chris. I still feel that AIR smokes the competition for cross-platform app development, and it's great to see you guys well behind it.

As a technical matter, and without talking to any ANE developers, can we safely assume that existing ANEs will not run on 64-bit architecture without an update?

Thanks,

Per

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That news just made tomorrows emergency board meeting a much more relaxed prospect. Very much appreciated news and customer support!

Chris S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Chris! Now at least we know it will be in Dec, or at worst, January sometime. Great to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We'll be updating the distriqt ANE's as soon as the AIR update is released. We're not expecting too much trouble with this, mainly will be time to retest all the features.

Looking forward to the update ASAP.

Cheers

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Great to hear the Distriqt plugins are being taken care of. I use mainly your plugins and Milkman Games', so it seems we're probably golden!

Thanks!

Per

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to chime in to add to the volume. This is a critical update, and developers will need hands on it well before this deadline.

Remember that this requirement is only for new apps. If you have a new app that releases just after February 1, you might want to plan on shoehorning a limited version into the App Store ecosystem first just to get it in there and dodge the requirement by posting your planned 1.0 release as an update later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's clear that we have to get our next update into the app store at the top of January. That will give us a bug-free app that can run until we've resolved all 64-bit issues.

Per

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris

Will apps be able to support both 32 bits and 64 bits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully most ANEs will merely need to adjust targets to export to 32bit and 64bit rather than just 32bit with little to no changes. But it is a hurdle. That's Apple for you. At least they didn't change the iPad resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

We have added support for 64-bit in Adobe AIR iOS, and we are super excited to get your feedback. Please  download latest beta from Download Adobe AIR 16 Beta - Adobe Labs.

Here are the release notes.

Thanks

Govinda Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying a build shows me a dialog with four of the ANEs I'm using listed, and a note about how to contact the developer to ask for a universal version. I'm not hopeful of all ANE authors doing an update right away. So, it may be some number of weeks before it's possible to give feedback on the new version. At least in the case of apps that use ANEs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've started conversion of the distriqt ANE's. If all goes well we are hoping to start releasing updates later this week or early next.

Great work Adobe on delivering on this one!

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI i am using the latest version only but i am getting the following error plz help meErro2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like your build PC not Win64? I saw this issue on Windows 7 x32. Use X64 instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are converting our ANE to support arm64. The build is found. But when we package app with the ANE. It show error below.

ld: Error: can't open -non_global_symbols_no_strip_list file: ......aot/lib/local_nostrip.arm-air.txt

It that any problem of the ld64 come with the SDK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DigiCrafts,

It seems you are doing something wrong at your end. I have used the swf and ane provided by you and I am able to create an ipa. For your reference I am pasiting the command I Used.

~/archive_air_16.0_with_asc2_drm_sdk/bin/adt -package -target ipa-app-store -provisioning-profile <abcd.mobileprovision> -storetype pkcs12 -keystore <abcd.p12> -storepass <password> Temp.ipa app.xml ShipSim.swf -extdir /Users/abhisek/Downloads/ane-error/bin/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great work Adobe, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All new apps will be required to be 64-bit compatible by 1st February 2015, but we have until 1st June 2015 to convert any existing apps on the App Store.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/12/17/apple-alerts-developers-that-existing-app-updates-will-nee...

This should be fine for the standard Adobe Air app compilation, but I do have a problem with an Adobe Native Extension that I've been using -

vfrReaderNativeExtension

https://github.com/memeller/vfrReaderNativeExtension

Does anyone know of a similar alternative that is compatible with 64-bit? I only need an ANE that can view a PDF with an option to email or print?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alanfireworks,

you should use ANE's from distriqt. All there native extensions are always up to date.
You should use this ANE to display PDF on iOS: distriqt // air native extensions

Greetings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines