Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

air android | can't hear streams when app is not in foreground

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm working at a web/desktop/mobile videocollaboration-based application and I started few days ago to port the first part of the work built for win/mac desktops also on android to start testing it. Everything seems to work fine except for the fact in subject: in the mobile device, when I switch from my app to another I can hear sounds from my app (which is not more in foreground) but I can't hear the audio coming from the netstreams that the app has subscribed - which have been muted. At the same time the app continue to send normally the audio captured from the microphone over its published netstreams (-> netstreams are connected and working. btw I receive stopTransmit callbacks).

is it a "normal" behaviour? naa..

I think it is normal to have the need to switch apps while doing videoconference, may be e.g. just to have a look at the email while speaking in conference.

I suppose there is something wrong somewhere. Any help / different feedback?

Galaxy Tab A, Android 5.2

AIR Android v. 17.0.0.128

ps using DIRECT_CONNECTIONS/RTMFP

Massimiliano Carli

http://www.mc2labs.net

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

About 2 years I started working on an audiobook player app for Android using AIR that could officially handle mp3's, m4a's, and m4b's. For those last two file formats, I had to use a NetStream object in order for the audio to be played since the Sound object only supports MP3 files. When I would exit the app, sending it to the background, I could still listen to the audiobooks I was using for testing that were stored locally on the device. When I was actively working on my audiobook player app, I was using a Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and using AIR 3.2 or 4.0. Maybe it is something to do with the RTMFP connection. Do you have any code that changes the volume of the stream?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines