• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR Android texture cropping bug: demo app

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Periodically, on numerous Android devices, loaded textures will be cropped arbitrarily, leading to completely broken visuals.

Two months ago, somebody wrote up a bug on Adobe's bug tracker, describing this bug: Tracker . (There's been discussion of this bug for over a year; the original bug report was seemingly lost when Adobe moved to their current bug tracker.) There's been no response from Adobe.

This bug is preventing me from shipping my game on Android. I've created a sample project that reliably reproduces it on my hardware, here: GitHub - tconkling/AIRAndroidCroppedTextures: Demonstrates a texture bug in AIR for Android. I've also shot a video of me reproducing the bug: AIR Android texture cropping bug - YouTube .

I've updated the tracker bug with this Github project and video, but since no Adobe employees have commented on that bug in the two+ months it's been posted, I feel like I'm likely shouting into a void. I'm hopeful that perhaps this forum is monitored more closely than the bug tracker, and so I'm posting this here.

I know this gets said frequently, but it bears repeating: Adobe's poor communication as it relates to AIR is intensely frustrating. I'm an indie game developer, and my livelihood relies on my tools working. Encountering a show-stopper bug in those tools, and then getting *absolute radio silence* from the company responsible for them is unacceptable. Filing bugs and creating sample apps takes time (this particular bug has consumed about 2 working days for me, to this point). Each time the AIR team fails to follow up properly - or even respond at all - my confidence in the product drops.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

We are looking into the issue and will revert to you as soon as it is resolved at our end.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chris.campbell​, @AmritaGangwani - I'm wondering if there's an update on this issue.

My game has just launched on Google Play, and while I've added code to work around this issue (the game detects if an image has been only partially loaded; if so it waits a few moments and tries again, up to 10 times), there are players for whom this workaround occasionally fails, meaning that the game is unplayable for them until they quit and restart it.

This is really problematic for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines