Highlighted

AIR app crashes when I call browse method of FileReference class.

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am developing an AIR app that will upload the content from my local computer. When I call browse method of FileReference class, it does not displays any file-browsing dialog box and app crashes and prompt that it has stop working.

Following are the error logs I got from event viewer on my computer:

Faulting application name: UploadApp.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e7d5190

Faulting module name: Adobe AIR.dll, version: 15.0.0.249, time stamp: 0x53fe5c69

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x001e655a

Faulting process id: 0x1284

Please help to resolve this crash.

Thanks

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR app crashes when I call browse method of FileReference class.

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am developing an AIR app that will upload the content from my local computer. When I call browse method of FileReference class, it does not displays any file-browsing dialog box and app crashes and prompt that it has stop working.

Following are the error logs I got from event viewer on my computer:

Faulting application name: UploadApp.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e7d5190

Faulting module name: Adobe AIR.dll, version: 15.0.0.249, time stamp: 0x53fe5c69

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x001e655a

Faulting process id: 0x1284

Please help to resolve this crash.

Thanks

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2014 0
Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a sample of your code for the section that is calling the FileReference.browse() method? If you are test the app within Flash CS6/CC/Builder (or whatever your dev app is), does it work as expected and only crashes in the actual published app? According to the documentation, this method can throw an error if it was "not called in response to a user action, such as a mouse event or keypress event".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2014 0