Highlighted

AIR App installs on some Android Devices - Fails on Others

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an AIR app that I created using FlashBuilder 4.6. It has run almost flawlessly, including updates, since its inceptions several years ago. Recently, I got the SSL vulnerability email from Google notifying me that I need to update my App. I grabbed the lastest AIR SDK and updated my App. Shortly after updating and deploying the new version, several users emailed me to state that they had updated the App and it will no longer open. They tried installing/uninstalling all with the same result. I tested the App on 4 devices with the following results:

- Android 5.1: installs fine; Opens fine;

- Android 5.0.2: installs fine; Opens fine;

- Android 4.4.4: installs fine; Opens fine;

- Andorid 5.1.1 (CM12): installation fails; Will not install new update; Old version remains on device

Is there an App that will detect where the installation is failing on the Android 5.1.1? I am able to capture a logcat, but it is very long and not sure what I am looking for. I can post it here, if it will be useful.

Any insight and help is greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR App installs on some Android Devices - Fails on Others

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an AIR app that I created using FlashBuilder 4.6. It has run almost flawlessly, including updates, since its inceptions several years ago. Recently, I got the SSL vulnerability email from Google notifying me that I need to update my App. I grabbed the lastest AIR SDK and updated my App. Shortly after updating and deploying the new version, several users emailed me to state that they had updated the App and it will no longer open. They tried installing/uninstalling all with the same result. I tested the App on 4 devices with the following results:

- Android 5.1: installs fine; Opens fine;

- Android 5.0.2: installs fine; Opens fine;

- Android 4.4.4: installs fine; Opens fine;

- Andorid 5.1.1 (CM12): installation fails; Will not install new update; Old version remains on device

Is there an App that will detect where the installation is failing on the Android 5.1.1? I am able to capture a logcat, but it is very long and not sure what I am looking for. I can post it here, if it will be useful.

Any insight and help is greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 11, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the heads up.  I haven't tried 5.1.1 (or a recent build of cyanogen) so I'm not sure if this is specific to either one.  Could you open a new bug report at https://bugbase.adobe.com and attach your logcat so we could take a look?  Once you have the bug number, please let me know and I'll ask someone to take a look.

Thanks,

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the assistance. I have opened a bug report (#3985588) and attached the logcat from my Phone. Let me know if you require any additional information.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, look for comments in the bug soon!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2015 0