• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR App now crashes with AIR 15 runtime (did not crash with earlier versions of AIR)

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We've noticed our AIR application now crashes when the AIR 15 (the latest version available from Adobe) runtime is installed.  This did not happen with earlier versions of AIR.  The app does not crash when I debug in Flash Builder so I cannot identify the exact issue.  The app will crash EVERY time when running the .exe on Windows.  The crash happens on Windows XP and Windows 7.  The app does not crash on OS X.

The message in Event Viewer says:

Faulting application name: PhotoMambo.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4eb75ae0

Faulting module name: Adobe AIR.dll, version: 15.0.0.249, time stamp: 0x53fe5c69

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0056fcdc

Faulting process id: 0x3dc

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfd110de4c8b50

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PhotoMambo\PhotoMambo.exe

Faulting module path: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll

Report Id: 49c106e0-3d04-11e4-9219-001c42d9a43e

Please let me know if you'd like any additional information.  This is such a bummer that an AIR update renders our app useless in Windows.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving the same issue. I have a cross platform desktop app for a major client that no longer launches when you build a production version but runs fine with the development tools.

Does anyone have the Air 14 installer for Mac and PC lol my team could use it to roll back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry this is happening.  Could you please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  When adding the bug, please include sample code or an application so we can quickly test this out internally.  If you'd like to keep this private, feel free to email the attachment to me directly (ccampbel@adobe.com). 

Once added, please post back with the URL and I'll follow up internally.

Previous versions of the AIR runtime can be found here: Archived Adobe AIR SDK versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris,

Thanks for replying. I'm emailing you from my clients email for transparency with a copy of the Air file.

I just rolled back to Air 14 and building using the Air 14 SDK and I'm having the same issues. I'm getting notices as well that i have to update Air to continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked out the event viewer and there's nothing being thrown like the original poster. It's like the app just starts then shuts right down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resolved the issue on my end. It has to do with Korean language support and I apparently broke the FLA. Upon rebuilding the project the issue went away but so did Korean language support. I will open another ticket regarding it.

Edit: This wasn't a Korean support issue as I thought. I had to rebuild my entire project but now everything works fine. I do not know what was cause the issue but I think it maybe a FLA corruption problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I opened a bug for this:  https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3825805

And just sent you an email with links to install files for OS X and Windows.

Thank you for your help in looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

The app does not crash when I debug it in Flash Builder.  I'm wondering if there is some way I can set up the IDE / debug environment so that it mimics what happens when you I the .app or .exe build. 

Right now I'm in the dark as to what code is causing the crash.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes I have the same problem with my AIR application with Windows 7 with AIR 29.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines