• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR app, Windows 8

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full screen AIR application that plays 8 videos (mp4) in a loop for local community center.

This application runs flawlessly on an 9 year old dell inspiron zino hd (windows vista), and a 10 year old macbook pro for days on end without ever turning off the machine and screen.

The local community center recently bought a ASUS EB1036 that has windows 8 on it.

This machine will run for a couple hours but then the AIR app goes black.

I have added some display fields in a test version of the AIR app to see time played, total memory used, file being played, etc...

When ran on the ASUS, the screen eventually will go black and freezes to an extent however the timer keeps ticking showing time played.  However, it stops playing video and triggering events.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think this is it: Bug#3759420 - [Platform_Windows] GPU accelerated video stop playing when screen resolution changes a...

Video playback with AIR may be unstable in situations when NetStream.Buffer.Flush and application loosing GPU context.

Also we have similar problem with mobile platforms: Bug#3840999 - [iOS] [Android] Turn off screen at NetStream.Buffer.Flush causes video not work or cra...

Please vote for these bugs fixing if you are interesting in it.

Do you use direct or cpu/auto renderMode for your application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently had a problem on a target machine. No way to debug it. But I found this solution which will record errors and trace statements to a text file. Turns out it was the target machine loading files asynchronously in a different order than the test machine. Then I simply refactored it to ensure the loaded reference was in fact loaded.

Debugging and Error Logging in Deployed Adobe Flash/AIR Applications - The Back Room

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines