Highlighted

AIR Application properties

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my application installation is completed executable file does not contain any details in properties. There is only Type Application presents in Property->Details

Capture.JPG

I think, it would be great to add there all needed informaion from application.xml

<versionNumber>15.05.07</versionNumber>

<versionLabel>15.05.07</versionLabel>

<description>

<text xml:lang="en">Application description.</text>

</description>

<copyright>Copyright (c) 2015 My App</copyright>

not only for installation package, but also for runnable application. Is there any way to do that?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR Application properties

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my application installation is completed executable file does not contain any details in properties. There is only Type Application presents in Property->Details

Capture.JPG

I think, it would be great to add there all needed informaion from application.xml

<versionNumber>15.05.07</versionNumber>

<versionLabel>15.05.07</versionLabel>

<description>

<text xml:lang="en">Application description.</text>

</description>

<copyright>Copyright (c) 2015 My App</copyright>

not only for installation package, but also for runnable application. Is there any way to do that?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 14, 2015 1
Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see this issue fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2015 0
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1
Exe files should get the version information from the app descriptor along with other meta data (copyright, product name, ...).

Currently, we are using a series of batch files to inject all this meta information to exe files in an automated build process:

1. A batch file parses the app descriptor and retrieves the meta information
  2. Information are injected into an .rc file template (Find And Replace Text: fart.exe)
  3. .rc file gets converted to a .res file (Go Ressource Compiler: GoRC.exe)
  4. .res file is applied to the exe file (Ressource Hacker: ResHacker.exe). AIR app was previously build by adt and bundled with mxmlc.

CI Server is using Jenkins to execute the batch files.

(Related request: Adding properties/details to exe files from app descriptor)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Thanks for the request.  Is there a related bug number (https://bugbase.adobe.com) that I can reference and track?  If not, it would be great to get one and have people vote/comment for it.

Thanks,

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 0
Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I'd like to encourage everyone to take a minute and add your 2 cents to the bug or just cast a vote.  It really helps us prioritize stuff in our planning.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 0
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris!
I've added my two cents and voted for the bug.

It would be awseome to not only have this feature implemented in FlashBuilder or FlashCC but also make it available for adt.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 0