• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR apps suddenly crashing in App Store

Contributor ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to get email complaints that my iOS apps are crashing.  The one with the most downloads is below.  The first giant spike is March (I only just found out today).  My other app, which is much newer, is doing the same thing.  My first app shows no crashing but it costs a dollar so gets significantly less downloads so it's hard to gauge if that's telling.

I know Apple had some new thing which only the latest adobe air update had, some setting.  I used the older air before that recent update.  Would that be causing the apps to crash now?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's always difficult to know exactly what's going on when your app crashes even after an update. After 10 years on the app store and 100 apps+ I can tell you the range of strangeness is quite large. A xml that was loading fine for years crashes the app now, parsing that json now crashes everything, removing that listener now terminates the app, etc .... You really never know what you are gonna get but all you can do is investigate, try to replicate and be patient. And let's not forget the best of all: In some instances the app would ONLY crash when LIVE, and never from testflight, or installed locally, just a lot of fun stuff ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, fair enough haha. 

I just got an email last night that the paid app is not working either.  That's 3/3.  They were all made at different times with different air versions.  The paid app has no external sdks at all.  I just can't think of how this problem would be unique to me... I'm hoping someone else is experiencing the same thing.. I'm getting scared because I don't even know where to start troubleshooting something like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. where is it crashing. (helps to have a QA team)

2. Does it crash in dev too.

3. trace, trace, trace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went into my stats.  There's 80 crashes per 51,000 app units.  So the rate is relatively low.. would be hard to re-create.  But the upward spike in March is undeniable.

I found the issue I was referencing earlier.. iOS switching to the 12.1 SDK.  It says this would kick in in March so the timing matches up.  But again, if this was the issue, I would expect others to see the same problem.  Very strange.

Adobe AIR iOS 12.1 support

I guess I'll see if it happens in development as I'm about to release another one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines