Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR captive runtime application for MacOS

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I create application with captive runtime for Windows and MacOS. I have some problem connected with MacOS specific, cause I'm newbie in this OS.

I dont want to publish my app in appstore, cause the app have problems with appstore rules.

1) How I should to sign my application? I just pack my app as described in manual http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f709e16db131e43659b9-8000.html but I don't see any track of code sign in my .app. I thought that it isn't a problem, before I download my app from network - it don't want to run because dveloper unidentified.

2) My application require update system. I Realize it simply for Windows: my AIR application download updates if it necessary (resources, air lib, main swf file, and exe) and then I replace files with other program. There is no problems with updates, cause codesign is only spread on exe file.

But as I understood I can't use same way to update my .app cause it destroy my codesign, as I know. So, how I should update my MAC app?

UPD1: I found a bit information about 1st here: How to sign your Mac OS X App for Gatekeeper | Successful Software. So, I can't use not apple's sign certificate?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

It's a good idea to add :tumbleweed: smile to this forum

I spent 3 days for searching answer and making experiments. So, as a result:

1) To pass MacOS Gatekeeper I should use apple developer certificate.

2) I could change content of signed .app file as I wish. I don't try it with my own app because my certificate is not ready yet, but I successfully change contents of few other signed apps - no issues with running was detected. Maybe there is any problem with my understanding of signature..

Helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a good idea to add :tumbleweed: smile to this forum

I spent 3 days for searching answer and making experiments. So, as a result:

1) To pass MacOS Gatekeeper I should use apple developer certificate.

2) I could change content of signed .app file as I wish. I don't try it with my own app because my certificate is not ready yet, but I successfully change contents of few other signed apps - no issues with running was detected. Maybe there is any problem with my understanding of signature..

Helpful links:

osx mountain lion - Non-Apple Issued Code Signing Certificate: Can it Work with Mac OS 10.8 Gatekeep...

How to sign your Mac OS X App for Gatekeeper | Successful Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines