Highlighted

Air Captive Runtime on Android forcing INTERNET permission

New Here ,
May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm in the process of getting 2 apps ready for submission to the Amazon Kids program.

One of the requirements for this program is "All app permissions set to the minimum required set".

My games have no permissions set in the manifest but the captive runtime is forcing the INTERNET permission which generates a request for "full network access" when installing the apps on devices.

I have seen this question asked before but with no satisfactory answers given.

So is there any way to stop the captive runtime asking for this permission.

If not, I will likely be unable to submit my apps to the kids program.

Thanks,

David.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Air Captive Runtime on Android forcing INTERNET permission

New Here ,
May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm in the process of getting 2 apps ready for submission to the Amazon Kids program.

One of the requirements for this program is "All app permissions set to the minimum required set".

My games have no permissions set in the manifest but the captive runtime is forcing the INTERNET permission which generates a request for "full network access" when installing the apps on devices.

I have seen this question asked before but with no satisfactory answers given.

So is there any way to stop the captive runtime asking for this permission.

If not, I will likely be unable to submit my apps to the kids program.

Thanks,

David.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "Amazon Kids program", do you mean FreeTime? I've submitted several AIR apps to that ok.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2015 0
New Here ,
May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thanks for replying. Yes it's the FreeTime Unlimited program.

That's good to hear that the permission won't cause a problem with submission. The permissions requirement from Amazon is a bit vague.

Thanks again,

David.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2015 0