• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR Deployment stability questions

Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2015 Jan 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just published an AIR app from Flash CC 2014 and I'm viewing on my Kindle Fire. There are a few things that I see which I need to address before I finish the build. Since I'm new to AIR deployment I would think someone would give me a bit of knowledge here.

1. The app was originally developed as an IOS app with the size of 1024 x 768 pixels, I notice on the Kindle Fire

I have a lot of whitespace on the left and right

2. When touching the buttons I have to hit a few times for the button to work

3. Is there a way to make the app responsive so user can pinch and expand the app stage?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Kindle Fire is wider than the iPad. To avoid the white bars just put extra content off the sides of the stage, for the Kindle Fire to see.

The Fire devices do seem sensitive to parallax issues, make sure you're touching exactly on top of your buttons. In general make buttons be as big as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this as I need as much info as I can get. I was thinking, since the IOS version of this is just for an IPad would it make sense to resize the stage of the app to accommodate tablets like the KindleFire?

I was going to do an IPhone version but I ran into the same problem as the buttons are way to small.

I came a cross a chart of various Android tablet and phone sizes so another question would be if I can make the stage on app responsive so it can expand or retract with a user touch. Is this possible? As I see the scale option in the document properties of Flash but its greed out. So if I dont target small smartphones should I do one size for Android tablets?

Can I have the stage be responsive?

R

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines